Aviation Safety Council
The Aviation Safety Council (ASC; Chinese: 飛航安全調查委員會; pinyin: Fēiháng Ānquán Diàochá Wěiyuánhuì; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Hui-hâng An-choân Tiau-cha Úi-oân-hōe) is an independent government agency of the Taiwan responsible for aviation accident investigation, with the purpose of analyzing causal factors and proposing flight safety recommendations in Taiwan. The council is headquartered in Xindian District, New Taipei. Its headquarters were previously in Songshan District, Taipei.
Fēiháng Ānquán Diàochá Wěiyuánhuì (Mandarin)
Hui-hâng An-choân Tiau-cha Úi-oân-hōe (Taiwanese)
Fî-hòng Ôn-chhiòn Thiàu-chhà Vî-yèn-fi (Hakka)
|Formed||25 May 1998|
|Headquarters||Xindian, New Taipei|
The council was established in May 1998 as an independent agency. It was put under the administration of Executive Yuan in May 2001 until 20 May 2012 in which after that it became an independent body again after that.
The agency is grouped into the following structure:
- Site Survey
- Flight Recorders Readout
- Performance Analysis
- Data Integration & Simulation
- Engineering Research & Development
Flight Safety DivisionEdit
- TACARE Systems
- Safety Improvement Research Projects
- Promotion & Public Affairs
- Safety Recommendations Implementation
- flight Safety Database
Occurrence Investigation DivisionEdit
- Response to Occurrence Notification
- Occurrence Investigation
- Safety Recommendations
- Investigation Techniques Research & Development
- Coordination with International Air Safety Organizations
Legal and Administration DivisionEdit
- Legal Affairs
- General Affairs
- Account Receivable
- "About ASC". Archived from the original on 2008-07-23. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Contact Information Archived 2011-02-15 at the Wayback Machine." Aviation Safety Council. Retrieved on April 28, 2013. "Address: 11th Floor, 200, Section 3, Beixin Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan (R.O.C.)" - Chinese English Archived June 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine: "新北市231新店區北新路三段200號11樓"
- "Interim Flight Safety Bulletin Reference No.: ASC-IFSB-03-03-002" (Archive). Aviation Safety Council. Retrieved on March 8, 2014. "Aviation Safety Council 16F, 99 Fu-shing North Road, Taipei 105, Taiwan Republic of China"
- Home page (Archive). Aviation Safety Council. August 2, 2002. Retrieved on March 8, 2014. "地址：台北市復興北路九十九號十六樓"
- "About ASC". Aviation Safety Council. Retrieved July 7, 2017.