AutoNavi Software Co., Ltd. (simplified Chinese: 高德软件有限公司; traditional Chinese: 高德軟件有限公司; pinyin: Gāodé Ruǎnjiàn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī)) is a Chinese web mapping, navigation and location-based services provider, founded in 2001. One of its subsidiary companies, Beijing Mapabc Co. Ltd.  (www.mapabc.com), is a map website in China. AutoNavi was acquired by Alibaba Group in 2014. It offers its map services at Amap.com and as the Amap mobile app. It is known as Gaode in Chinese.
|Industry||navigation, Location-based service|
|Fate||Acquired 11 April 2014|
Number of employees
AutoNavi provides mapping data of China and Taiwan for Apple Maps, which was introduced with iOS 6. This is currently the only method of viewing their map in English, and is only available when the Apple device is located within China.
AutoNavi previously provided mapping data to Google from 2006, although this has not been updated for some years.
AutoNavi's own map application was the top mobile map app in China in 2012, with over 100 million users.
See also edit
- simplified Chinese: 北京图盟科技有限公司; traditional Chinese: 北京圖盟科技有限公司; pinyin: Běijīng Túméngkējì Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī
- 高德软件官方网站. Archived from the original on 2021-05-09. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "Alibaba Acquires Chinese Mapping Giang Autonavi in $1.5bn Deal". 11 April 2014. Archived from the original on 22 July 2020. Retrieved 2 December 2023.
- "Apple Built Special Version of Maps for China". China Real Time Report. Wall Street Journal. September 26, 2012. Archived from the original on November 14, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Lee, Mark (5 July 2012). "Apple Shares Google China Map Partner in Win for Autonavi". Bloomberg News. Archived from the original on 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "Autonavi's Maps Apps Guide Over 100 Million Users in China". Archived from the original on 2014-10-22. Retrieved 2014-10-11.