This article includes a list of general references, but it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (November 2020)
Online maps can be basically divided by the covered area (global or local) and by the representation of this area (classic drawn or orthophoto).
Global online mapsEdit
These maps cover the world, but may have insufficient details in some areas.
- Apple Maps
- Bing Maps
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- Jawg Maps
- Mapbox (based on Openstreetmap)
- MapQuest (based on Openstreetmap)
- Petal Maps
- Stadia Maps
- Yahoo! Maps (defunct)
- Yandex Maps
- Africomaps - Covers all 54 countries in the African continent
- Africa Data Hub
- ViaMichelin (based on TomTom
Local online mapsEdit
Local maps cover only part of the earth surface, and may be more detailed than the global ones.
- "The Australian National Map", by TerriaJS.
- "MinView", by NSW Government
- "Whereis", by Sensis
- "GoMap.Az", by the Government of Azerbaijan.
- "Barikoi" - covers Bangladesh, specially Dhaka city and parts of Narayanganj in detail, more cities will be covered soon
- "Bahrain Locator", by the Government of Bahrain.
- Geo.Brussels - covers the Brussels Region
- Geopunt - covers the Flemish Region and offers all data as open data downloads and services
- WalonMap - covers the Walloon Region
- "AutoNavi Maps", by AutoNavi (Gaode).
- "Baidu Maps", by Baidu.
- "Tencent Maps", by Tencent.
- Sogou Map by Sogou
- "Tianditu", by China's State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping.
- Mapy.cz, by Seznam.cz; also covers Slovakia and uses OpenStreetMap for other countries
- "Kraks Kort" - also covers Finland, Norway and Sweden
- "NARSS Geoportal", by the National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences.
- Estonian Land Board - covers the whole country
- "INSPIRE Geoportal", by the European Commission.
- "Kraks Kort" - also covers Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- Géoportail - government run public service mapping, covers the whole French territory
- ViaMichelin - World maps, city maps, driving directions, Michelin-starred restaurants, hotel booking, traffic news and weather forecast with ViaMichelin.
- Mappy.com - Maps, route planning and address guide services to plan your journeys on all roads Europe.
- "Geoportal.de", by the Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy (BKG).
- Centamap – launched in 1999, Centamap is built using data from the Hong Kong Government
- GeoInfo Map, by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- "Bhuvan", by National Remote Sensing Centre, ISRO
- "MapmyIndia Maps", by MapmyIndia
- "MapsofIndia", by Compare Infobase Limited
- "Survey of India Maps", by the Survey of India, DST
- "Ina-Geoportal", by Badan Informasi Geospasial.
- "Walla! Maps", by Walla!.
- "Govmap", by Survey of Israel.
- "Simplex 3D", by Simplex.
- "Yahoo! Japan Maps", by Yahoo! Japan.
- "MapFan", by Increment P.
- "Kuwait Finder", by Kuwait's Public Authority for Civil Information.
- "1Malaysia Map", by the Ministry of Water, Land and Natural Resources (Malaysia).
- "Geoserver map portal", by the Planning Authority.
- "PlanPlus", by Contrast d.o.o.
- "DPS Map", covers Myanmar/Burma.
- "NZGB Gazetteer", by Land Information New Zealand.
- Lagos State: Lagos State Spatial Data Infrastructure
- "Norgeskart" - Map by the Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Authority
- "Geonorge" - Another map by the Norwegian Mapping and Cadastre Authority
- "Kraks Kort" - Danish map that covers Denmark, Norway (Excluding Svalbard, Jan Mayen and Bouvet), Sweden and Finland
- "National Survey Authority Geoportal", by Oman's National Survey Authority.
- "GeoMOLG", by the Government of Palestine.
- "Philippine Geoportal", by the National Mapping and Resource Information Authority.
- "Qatar Geoportal", by Qatar's Center for Geographic Information Systems (CGIS), part of the Ministry of Municipality and Environment.
- Yandex Maps, by Yandex.
- 2GIS, by 2gis.
- Maps.me, by Mail.Ru
- "GeoPortal Saudia", by the General Commission for Survey (GCS).
- "PlanPlus", by Contrast d.o.o.
- "OneMap", by the Singapore Land Authority.
- "AfriGIS Maps", by AfriGIS.
- "Daum Map", by Daum (web portal).
- "Naver Maps", by Naver.
- T Map by SK Telecom
- One Navi by KT corporation
- Spanish official cartography website, including National Topographic Maps MTN50 (1:50,000 scale) and MTN25 (1:25,000 scale).
- SITPA-IDEAS, Asturias regional maps.
- "Kraks Kort" - also covers Denmark, Finland and Norway
- Eniro.se, also covers Denmark, Finland and Norway
- map.geo.admin.ch - Federal Geoportal Map Viewer - covers whole country with high-resolution maps
- "Longdo Map", by Longdo.
- "NOSTRA Map", by Globetech.
- "Gezgin Geoportal", by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey.
United Arab EmiratesEdit
- "Abu Dhabi Geospatial Portal", an initiative of the Abu Dhabi Spatial Data Infrastructure (AD-SDI) program by the Abu Dhabi Smart Solutions & Services Authority.
- "Makani", by Dubai Municipality's Geographic Information Systems Department.
- "OS Maps", by Ordnance Survey.
- OpenStreetMap - covers the whole country
- "StreetMap", by Streetmap EU Ltd, at streetmap.co.uk - covers the whole country
- Apple Maps - covers the whole country
- Bing Maps – covers the whole country
- Google Maps - covers the whole country
- Libre Map Project
- MapQuest - covers the whole country
- The National Map by the United States Geological Survey.
- Roadtrippers - covers the whole country
- TerraServer-USA - covers the whole country
- "Vietbando Maps", by Vietbando.
- "Vinalo Maps", Vinalo.
- ^ "Maps". Jawg. Retrieved 29 November 2020.
- ^ "Maps". Stadia Maps. Retrieved 22 July 2022.
- ^ Debarshi Dasgupta (8 December 2008). "Room at the Top". Outlook. Vol. 48, no. 49. Outlook Publishing. p. 24.
- ^ "Drive from anywhere to everywhere across India". India Today. Vol. 34, no. 1–8. Thomson Living Media India Limited. 2009.
- ^ "Geographical Sources - Maps of India" (PDF). digitalref.jdvu.ac.in. Jadavpur University.
- ^ "Survey of India using new technologies for mapping and data generation". Department of Science and Technology. Ministry of Science and Technology.
- ^ Geográfica, Organismo Autónomo Centro Nacional de Información. "Centro de Descargas del CNIG (IGN)". Centro de Descargas del CNIG (in Spanish). Retrieved 2022-06-28.
- ^ "Inicio - SITPA - IDEAS". ideas.asturias.es. Retrieved 2022-06-28.