Auer, South Tyrol
Comune di Ora
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|• Mayor||Martin Feichter|
|• Total||11.8 km2 (4.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||236 m (774 ft)|
|• Density||310/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
As of 31 December 2015, it had a population of 3,648 and an area of 11.8 square kilometres (4.6 sq mi).
The shield is party per fess of argent and gules with an azure chief with a rampant lion. It is the emblem of the family Khuen who took possession of the site, from 1397 until 1690, when they were then elevated to the Imperial Counts. On the azure chief two crossed or keys are represented as a remembrance of the insignia of St. Peter, to whom the parish church is dedicated. The emblem was adopted in 1969.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Auer
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Oscar Benvenuto (ed.): "South Tyrol in Figures 2008", Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol, Bozen/Bolzano 2007, p. 16, table 10
Media related to Auer, South Tyrol at Wikimedia Commons
- (in German and Italian) Homepage of the municipality