Vadena (Italian pronunciation: [ˈvaːdena]; German: Pfatten [ˈpfatn̩]) is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 10 kilometres (6 mi) southwest of the city of Bolzano. It is one of only five mainly Italian speaking municipalities in South Tyrol.
|Comune di Vadena|
|• Mayor||Elmar Oberhofer|
|• Total||13.5 km2 (5.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||243 m (797 ft)|
|• Density||74/km2 (190/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
As of November 30, 2010, it had a population of 1,005 and an area of 13.5 square kilometres (5.2 sq mi).
The municipality of Vadena contains the frazione (subdivision) Piccolongo (Piglon) and is home to the medieval castle of Laimburg.
The emblem is party per fess of argent and vert with a thin fess of argent under the division. In the first part is depicted in a central position, a green mountain with the ruins of a tower, and on each side two highest mountains. In the second part is a thin barry wavy of argent. The emblem symbolizes the geographical position of the municipality: the ruins of the tower represent the Laimburg Castle, the two peaks the Mitterberg, the thin band the motorway A22 and that wavy the river Adige. The coat of arms was granted in 1969.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Heraldry of the World: Vadena
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- Oscar Benvenuto (ed.): "South Tyrol in Figures 2008", Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol, Bozen/Bolzano 2007, p. 17, table 10
- (in Italian and German) Homepage of the municipality
Media related to Vadena at Wikimedia Commons