Attijariwafa bank is a Moroccan multinational commercial bank and financial services company founded and based in Casablanca, Morocco. It is the leading bank in Morocco and the fifth largest bank in Africa in 2021, and is part of Al Mada holding company.
|MASI : ATW|
|Industry||Banking, financial services|
|Founded||1904: Creation of Wafabank|
1911: Creation of BCM
2003: Creation of Attijariwafa Bank
|Headquarters||20 000 Casablanca|
2, Bd Moulay Youssef, Morocco
Number of locations
|4930 branches (2018)|
|Mohamed El Kettani (CEO)|
|Products||Credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, savings, Securities, asset management, wealth management|
|Revenue||US$ 4.1 billion (2018)|
|US$ 608 million (2018)|
|Total assets||US$ 53.3 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||US$ 4,7 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Attijari – Wafa Assurance – Wafasalaf – Wafa Immobilier – CBAO – Union Gabonaise de Banque – Crédit du Congo – BIM SA – Crédit du Sénégal – Société ivoirienne de banque – SCB Cameroun – BIA Togo – Attijari bank Mauritanie – Attijariwafa Bank Egypt – Cogebanque|
- Al Mada 47.77%
- Others 13.83%
- MCMA-MAMDA 8.09%
- Wafa Assurance 6.61%
- SANTUSA HOLDING (Santander Group) 5.27%
- Employees 4.54%
- RCAR (CDG) 4.26%
- CIMR 2.34%
- CDG 2.31%
- CAISSE MAROCAINE DE RETRAITE (CMR) 2.27%
- AXA ASSURANCES MAROC 1.37%
- RMA-WATANYA 1.32%
- WAFACORP 0.03%
Key people edit
- Mohamed El Kettani, chair of the board and managing director
- Abdelaziz Alami, honorary chair
- Antonio Escamez Torres, vice-chairman of the board
- Mohamed Arroub, chair of the board and managing director of Wafa Assurance SA
- Mouawia Essekelli, managing director of Attijariwafa bank Europe
- Laila Mamou, chairp of the Management Board of Wafasalaf
- Abdelkrim Raghni, managing director of CBAO Groupe Attijariwafa bank
- Wafaa Guessous, secretary
- Hassan Bouhemou, director-representative of SNI
- Mounir Majidi, director-representative of SIGER
- Javier Hidalgo Blazquez, director-representative of Grupo Santander
- Hassan Ouriagli, director
- Jose Reig Echeveste, director
- Manuel Varela, director-representative of Grupo Santander
- Abed Yacoubi Soussane, director
- "Official launch of Africa Development Club Egypt by Attijariwafa bank | Attijariwafa bank".
- "Attijariwafa bank" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Business, African (27 September 2022). "Africa's Top 100 Banks in 2022". African Business. Retrieved 29 June 2023.
|last=has generic name (help)
- "Attijariwafa Bank of Morocco Opens First Branch in Mauritania". Bloomberg.
- "Casablanca Stock Exchange ::. LISTED SECURITIES > Information and data > Listed company > ATTIJARIWAFA BANK". www.casablanca-bourse.com. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Maroc Telecom and Attijariwafa Bank among the 20 leading companies in Africa in 2022". HESPRESS English - Morocco News. 18 October 2022. Retrieved 10 August 2023.
- Rahhou, Jihane. "Attijariwafa Bank Partners with Union Bank to Expand Operations in Africa". moroccoworldnews. Retrieved 8 November 2022.
- Online, Tribune (7 November 2022). "Union Bank, Attijariwafa Bank sign partnership agreement to expand pan African footprint". Tribune Online. Retrieved 8 November 2022.
- "Attijariwafa Bank launches Apple Pay". HESPRESS English - Morocco News. 10 August 2023. Retrieved 10 August 2023.
- "Bourse de Casablanca ::. Sociétés cotées > ATTIJARIWAFA BANK". Bourse de Casablanca. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Attijariwafa Bank SA (ATW22.CS) Quote". Reuters.com. Reuters. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013.