AtlasGlobal, named Atlasjet until 31 March 2015, is a Turkish airline headquartered in Istanbul, which operates scheduled domestic and international passenger services as well as charter flights, mostly out of its base at Istanbul Airport.
|Operating bases||Istanbul Airport|
|Focus cities||Antalya Airport|
|Company slogan||A World Beyond Dreams|
The airline was established on 14 March 2001 and started operations on 1 June 2001. Formerly known as Atlasjet International Airlines, it was set up as a subsidiary of Öger Holdings. As of February 1, 2006, Öger's 45% share at Atlasglobal was taken over and Ali Murat Ersoy became the President of Board of Directors at Atlasglobal. The company is led by its CEO Sermed Temizkanhad 730 employees (as of 2017).
In August 2012, AtlasGlobal Airlines contracted Ryan International Airlines, a US airline, to operate religious pilgrimage flights to cities such as Medina and Tel Aviv. In January 2013 AtlasGlobal failed to fulfill the payments to Ryan International, which prompted the termination of the co-operation without advance notice. Ryan International Airlines, already in a bankruptcy reorganization process, was not able to recover from the loss and therefore faced impending financial difficulties, which led to its liquidation.
As of January 2018, the AtlasGlobal all airbus fleet consisted of the following aircraft:
Over the years, the following aircraft types were operated:
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83|
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 18 August 2007, Atlasjet Flight 1011 from Ercan, Northern Cyprus to Istanbul, Turkey, which was operated by a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 (registered TC-AKN), was hijacked by two passengers shortly after take-off. The perpetrators claimed to be members of Al Qaeda carrying explosives, and demanded the pilots divert the aircraft to Tehran, Iran. Instead, the aircraft landed at Antalya Airport in Turkey at 08:15 local time, officially in order to refuel. Negotiations with the local authorities began, during which all females and children on board were allowed to leave. A ruckus occurred when other passengers and crew tried to flee during which the hijackers surrendered. There were no notable injuries among the 138 other passengers and 5 crew members on board.
- On 30 November 2007, Atlasjet Flight 4203 from Istanbul to Isparta crashed upon approaching Isparta Süleyman Demirel Airport, killing all 50 passengers and 7 crew members on board. The aircraft that operated this flight was wet-leased from World Focus Airlines.
- "Neue Marke Atlas Global: Atlasjet zeigt globale Ambitionen - aeroTELEGRAPH". 21 March 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Headquarters and Call Center Archived 7 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine." Atlasjet. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 27 March 2007. p. 80.
- Rockford's Ryan International Airlines liquidating Archived 15 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine WREX. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Charter Carrier Ryan International Airlines Grounds All Flights, Seeks Liquidation NYC Aviation. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Atlasjet timetable. Archived 27 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine Atlasjet. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Liu, Jim (28 May 2019). "AtlasGlobal adds Sharm el Sheikh service from May 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "index". aeroportsdeparis.fr. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Liu, Jim (26 July 2019). "AtlasGlobal resumes Tbilisi service from July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 26 July 2019.
- Liu, Jim (1 November 2017). "AtlasGlobal adds Istanbul – Tel Aviv service in W17". Routesonline. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Liu, Jim (6 May 2019). "AtlasGlobal adds Antalya – Tel Aviv from May 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- "AtlasGlobal Continues Middle East Expansion in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Liu, Jim (18 April 2017). "AtlasGlobal continues Russia expansion in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Махачкалу и Стамбул вновь свяжет прямое авиасообщение Подробности: https://regnum.ru/news/2568870.html Любое использование материалов допускается только при наличии гиперссылки на ИА REGNUM". regnum.ru. ИА REGNUM. 8 February 2019. Retrieved 8 February 2019. External link in
- "AtlasGlobal će umesto Air Serbije leteti između Istanbula i Beograda - Aviatica". aviatica.rs. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "AtlasGlobal resumes London Stansted flights from Oct 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 7 September 2016.
- planespotters.net - AtlasGlobal Fleet Details and History retrieved 5 October 2017
- Rivers, Martin. "AtlasGlobal Preparing Long-Term Lease Of Two Airbus A330s". Forbes. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "Atlas Jet Fleet - Airfleets aviation". airfleets.net. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Atlasjet Flight 1011 Aviation Safety Network.
- Atlasjet Flight 4203 Aviation Safety Network.