The Moulin d'Athie
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Pascal Lhuillier|
|5.92 km2 (2.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||13/km2 (33/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||210–403 m (689–1,322 ft) |
(avg. 214 m or 702 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Athie is located some 12 km south-west of Montbard and 13 km north-east of Époisses. Access to the commune is by road D4 from Senailly in the north which passes through the village and continues south-west to Bard-lès-Époisses. The D1 road comes from Moutiers-Saint-Jean in the west passing through the village and merging with the D4 then continuing south-east to Viserny. There is a large band of forest in the north-east of the commune with small patches south of the village and the rest of the land is farmland.
Neighbouring communes and villagesEdit
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2017 the commune had 75 inhabitants.
Population Over Time
Sites and monumentsEdit
There is a Cemetery Cross (15th century) next to a country church which is registered as a historical monument.
There is an attractive garden at the Moulin d'Athie. There is also a magnificent Pietà at the crossroads of Rue Haute and the Grande Rue.
The parish Church of Saint-Cassien contains several items which are registered as historical objects:
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- Google Maps
- According to: Revolutionary names of communes of France, p. 17, consulted on 31 July 2012 (in French)
- Communal Notice - Athie, 31 July 2012 (in French)
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Mérimée PA00112073 Cemetery Cross (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000102 Statue: Saint Cassien (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000101 Statue: Saint Barbe (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000100 Statue: Virgin and Child (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000099 Statue: Saint Jacques (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000098 Statue: Christ (in French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM21000097 Tabernacle (in French)
- Athie on the old IGN website (in French)
- Athie on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Athye on the 1750 Cassini Map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Athie (Côte-d'Or).|