Assembly Rowdy is a 1991 Indian Telugu-language action romantic drama film directed by B. Gopal and produced by Mohan Babu. He stars in the lead role along with Divya Bharti. Revolving around a slacker named Shivaji, the film shows his transformation from being a victim of unemployment to the representative of the people subjected to a corrupt political system. Upon release, it became a commercial success.
|Directed by||B. Gopal|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers |
(screenplay / dialogues)
|Story by||P. Vasu|
|Produced by||Mohan Babu|
|Music by||K. V. Mahadevan|
Shivaji(Mohan Babu) is a slacker who wastes time and loses every job he applies for. This outrages his father Jagayya, a newly transferred science teacher of his village. One day when Shivaji witnesses a murder and sees his mother Annapoorna having a head injury because of the goons, he takes legal action until he is framed for another murder. His parents beg the villagers to tell the truth in court as they are all witnesses, however the don who rules the village forces them to lie. Thus, Shivaji is sent to jail. His parents however manage him to get into politics and make him the MLA. Shivaji successfully becomes the new MLA, but this angers his opponent Mohan Raj, also revealed to be the don's boss. Shivaji later on arrests the don after he attacks his family. He also ends all of the don's schemes. Mohan Raj angered, kills his parents. Shivaji resigns as the MLA due to their tragic death, but still sees the end of the villains by killing them. Although, he is stabbed during the process, the film ends with Shivaji surviving and promising to protect everyone in the village as the MLA.
- Mohan Babu as Shivaji
- Divya Bharati as Jyothi/Pooja
- Jaggayya as Shivaji's father
- Gollapudi Maruti Rao as Pooja's father
- Annapoorna as Shivaji's mother
- Brahmanandam as Shivaji's maternal uncle
- Kaikala Satyanarayana
- Prasad Babu as Police Inspector
- Mohan Raj
- Mada Venkateswara Rao as D.E.O
- Vasugi as Paakija
- Raju Sundaram Special Appearance in "Turpu Kondallo" song.
All music is composed by K. V. Mahadevan.
|1.||"Andamaina Vennelalona"||Rasa Raju||K. J. Yesudas, K. S. Chithra||4:56|
|2.||"Panthulo Panthulu"||Jaladi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:52|
|3.||"Thurupu Kondallo Aggi"||Jaladi||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||3:51|
|4.||"Tanala Gadilona"||Gurucharan||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:11|
|5.||"Pekallo Jokerla"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:32|
- ^ "Assembly Rowdy Crew". OneIndia. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- ^ kavirayani, suresh (4 June 2016). "Assembly Rowdy is 25 years old". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 21 June 2021.
- ^ "Happy Birthday Mohan Babu: 5 films that made him the 'Dialogue King'". The Indian Express. 19 March 2021. Retrieved 21 June 2021.
- ^ "Rediff On The NeT: A profile of controversial actor-politician Mohan Babu". 21 October 2019. Archived from the original on 21 October 2019. Retrieved 27 June 2021.
- ^ a b "Assembly Rowdy". Spotify. 10 March 1991. Retrieved 17 February 2021.