La Porte, Indiana, U.S.
Early life edit
Ashley Hinshaw was born in La Porte, Indiana to Chris and Craig Hinshaw. Since the age of nine, she auditioned and participated in several children's plays and youth theatre. Hinshaw began modeling in her local hometown pageant (Miss Maple City Pageant and Talent Competition) at the age of 13, where she won in beauty and photogenic for 13- to 16-year-olds and talent for 8- to 14-year-olds. In 2003, Hinshaw won third in the Queen's Court competition and second in photogenic competition in the Miss Indiana American Junior Teen Pageant. Hinshaw then went on to participate in the National Miss American Coed Pageant for the Miss American Junior Teen category at the age of 14. When she was 16, Hinshaw moved to New York for her modeling career.
Hinshaw first started modeling in pageants in 2002, where she participated in the Miss Indiana Junior Teen competition. As a model, Hinshaw has appeared in an advertising campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch. Her experience as a model led to her judging a beauty pageant on the MTV reality TV series Made in 2008. A year later Hinshaw pursued an acting career and landed a guest stint on The CW Teen Drama series Gossip Girl as herself. Hinshaw auditioned for a role in the proposed spin-off series to Gossip Girl, Valley Girls which The CW did not pick up. Hinshaw has since appeared in guest roles on Fringe and The Glades.
In June 2010, Hinshaw was confirmed to star in the high school comedy film LOL, an American remake of the 2008 French film, playing the role of Emily. Production began in August 2010 in Paris and Grosse Pointe, and the film was released on a limited basis in the United States in May 2012. In November 2010, Hinshaw was announced as a star in the independent thriller film Rites of Passage alongside Christian Slater. The film was released straight to DVD on October 16, 2012.
In May 2011, Hinshaw was cast as the lead in the independent drama film About Cherry alongside Heather Graham, James Franco and Dev Patel. Hinshaw portrays Angelina, a troubled young woman who comes to San Francisco and joins the porn industry. Filming began in July 2011, and the film premiered at the 2012 Berlin International Film Festival. In 2011, Hinshaw joined the cast of the superhero film Chronicle (2012). She played Casey Letter, a blogger who regularly carries her camera with her.
From 2017 to 2018, she recurred on the E! drama series The Arrangement in the recurring role of Lisbeth. In 2018 she wrote and directed her first short, titled Hunter Gatherer, a socially conscious dramatic piece.
Personal life edit
Hinshaw started dating actor Topher Grace in January 2014, and they became engaged in January 2015. On May 29, 2016, Grace and Hinshaw married near Santa Barbara, California. On August 1, 2017, Hinshaw confirmed that she and Grace were expecting their first child; their daughter was born in November 2017. On January 5, 2020, Hinshaw confirmed that she and Grace were expecting their second child together; their child was born in 2020. on September 30, 2022, Grace Confirmed on The Kelly Clarkson Show that he and Hinshaw were expecting their third child.
|2011||Rites of Passage||Sandee||Direct-to-video film|
|2011||The Death and Return of Superman||Power Girl||Short film|
|2012||The Hungover Games||N/A||Short film|
|2013||Snake and Mongoose||Lynn Prudhomme|
|2013||The Incident||Holly||Short film|
|2014||Goodbye to All That||Mildred|
|2015||A Rising Tide||Sarah|
|2016||You're Killing Me Susana||Irene||Spanish title: Me estás matando Susana|
|2018||Hunter Gatherer||Rose||Short film (also director and writer)|
|2009||Gossip Girl||Herself||Episode: "Reversals of Fortune"|
|2011||The Glades||Charlene Turner||Episode: "Moonlighting"|
|2012||Tall Hot Blonde||Katie Brooks||Television movie|
|2013||Enlightened||Danielle||Episode: "Higher Power"|
|2013||The League||Rachel||Episode: "The Near Death Flex-perience"|
|2014||True Blood||Bridgette||4 episodes|
|2015||Agent Carter||Colleen O'Brien||Episode: "Now is Not the End"|
|2015||Workaholics||Hilary Winthrop||Episode: "Wedding Thrashers"|
|2015||True Detective||Lacey Lindel||Episodes: "The Western Book of the Dead", "Other Lives"|
|2016||Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life||Paige||Episode: "How to Survive Dating"|
|2016–2017||StartUp||Taylor||Main role (season 1)|
|2017||Chicago Med||Melody Sayers||Episode: "Lose Yourself"; as Ashley Grace|
|2017–2018||The Arrangement||Lisbeth||Recurring role; as Ashley Grace|
- Wellinski, Mary (July 28, 2003). "LP teen heads to nat'l pageant". The LaPorte County Herald-Argus. Indiana, U.S. Archived from the original on December 21, 2019. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
Ashley Hinshaw, 14...
- "Ashley Hinshaw breaks through in Chronicle". February 7, 2012.
- "Main Crew, Cast". Archived from the original on December 21, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Children perform 'Alice' in M. City". Archived from the original on December 21, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Pageant lists winners in beauty, talent". Archived from the original on December 21, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "LP teen heads to nat'l pageant". Archived from the original on December 21, 2019. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Actress Ashley Hinshaw Talks 'True Detective'". June 3, 2015. Archived from the original on September 21, 2016. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Freshman Ashley Hinshaw: LPHS student begins modeling career" (PDF). La Porte High School Hi-Times March 12, 2004, Volume 95 Issue 6 Page 7. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 13, 2016.
- "Ashley Hinshaw gets her big break on Gossip Girl". Girl2Watch. Archived from the original on April 18, 2018. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off is Officially Dead, CW Picks Up 'Vampire Diaries'". Buddytv.com. May 20, 2009. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- Vena, Jocelyn (September 7, 2010). "Miley Cyrus And Ashley Greene Shoot 'LOL' In Paris". MTV News. Retrieved April 9, 2022.
- Menza, Kaitlin (September 14, 2011). "New Star Alert: LOL's Ashley Hinshaw". Seventeen. Retrieved April 9, 2022.
- "Miley Cyrus And Ashley Greene's Teen LOL Goes into Production". CinemaBlend.com. August 4, 2010. Archived from the original on April 28, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "Christian Slater in 'Rites of Passage' independent thriller". Upcoming-movies.com. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- Frost, Bill (October 16, 2012). "Chernobyl Diaries, Excision". Salt Lake City Weekly. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "James Franco Takes Cherry". ComingSoon.net. May 19, 2011. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "AVN – Adult Star Sensi Pearl Filming Mainstream Drama 'Cherry'". News.avn.com. July 7, 2011. Archived from the original on July 27, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "You've got (real) mail: Letters from writers –". USA Today. February 22, 2012. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- "Cape the big star as US film crew rolls in". FilmContact.com. May 15, 2011. Archived from the original on February 22, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2012.
- Bicks, Emily (March 13, 2017). "The good life is never what it seems: The celebrity 'alternative facts' of 'The Arrangement'". Screener. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Grobar, Matt (February 14, 2018). "Ashley Grace Fosters Dialogue On Child Abuse Epidemic With Socially Conscious Short 'Hunter Gatherer'". Deadline. Retrieved August 15, 2022.
- McRady, Rachel (January 11, 2015). "Topher Grace Engaged to Actress Ashley Hinshaw: See Her Ring!". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- Leonard, Elizabeth; Quinn, Dave (May 30, 2016). "That '70s Show Star Topher Grace Ties the Knot with Ashley Hinshaw". People. Archived from the original on May 31, 2016. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- Rodriguez, Karla (August 1, 2017). "Ashley Hinshaw Confirms She Is Expecting First Child With Husband Topher Grace". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- "Topher Grace and His Wife Ashley Hinshaw Welcome a Daughter". Archived from the original on October 23, 2021. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Baby No. 2 on the Way! Topher Grace and Wife Ashley Hinshaw Expecting Second Child Together". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved January 31, 2020.