Aptripel Tumimomor (April 3, 1966 – April 2, 2020) was an Indonesian politician, businessman and engineer. He served as the Regent of North Morowali Regency, in Central Sulawesi, from February 17, 2016, until his death in office on April 2, 2020, from COVID-19.
|Regent of North Morowali|
February 17, 2016 – April 2, 2020
|Vice Governor||Asrar Abdul Samad|
(as Vice Regent)
|Preceded by||Haris Rengga|
|Succeeded by||Asrar Abdul Samad|
|Born||April 3, 1966|
Kolonodale, Central Sulawesi, Indonesia
|Died||April 2, 2020 (aged 53)|
Makassar, South Sulawesi
Aptripel Tumimomor was born on April 3, 1966, in Kolonodale, Central Sulawesi. He was a member of the Mori people, who are native to the present-day North Morowali Regency in Sulawesi. His parents, Hendrik Tumimomor Kamesi and Maligene Damantora Lande, were teachers. Tumimomor was a descendant of Mokole Ede Kamesi, known by the royal title Datu Ri Tana VIII (King Mori), who ruled the small Mori Kingdom in central Sulawesi from 1907 until 1928.
Tumimomor attended elementary school in Tomata village and high school in Poso. He then completed a degree in civil engineering from Paulus Christian University of Indonesia (UKIP) in Makassar. He also obtained his master's degree in civil engineering from Paulus Christian University as well.
Tumimomor owned several businesses, including hotels in Kendari, plantations in Mamuju Regency, and a construction company. He also became a lecturer at his alma mater, Paulus Christian University of Indonesia (UKIP).
In February 2016, Aptripel Tumimomor was elected Regent of North Morowali in the regional election, while his running mate, Asrar Abdul Samad, a former Deputy Speaker of the North Morowali People's Representative Council from 2004 to 2009, was elected Vice Regent of North Morowali. Tumimomor and Samad won the election with 1,949 votes, or 25.13%, and defeated four other candidates. Regent Tumimomor and Vice Regent Samad were sworn into office on February 17, 2016, by Central Sulawesi Governor Longki Djanggola.
Before his illness, Aptripel Tumimomor planned to seek re-election for a second term as North Morowali regent in 2020.
Tumimomor became ill in late March 2020. He was initially treated at Kolonadale General Hospital in North Morowali before being transferred to Makassar on April 1, 2020, as his health continued to deteriorate. The next day, Aptripel Tumimomor died at Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo General Hospital in Makassar on April 2, 2020, at the age of 53. A rapid test for coronavirus conducted in Kolonadale initially came back as negative. However, a second nasopharyngeal swab test given in the Makassar hospital later confirmed that Tumimomor was positive for COVID-19, but those results were not confirmed until April 4, two days after his death. He was survived by his wife, HO Liliana, and their three children - Andhyka Haryanto, Arlyn Stevani, and Arfan Irvanoff.
Aptripel Tumimomor was buried at a cemetery for civil servants in Gowa Regency, South Sulawesi. Officials conducted the burial using coronavirus safety precautions, including hazmat suits, masks, and plastic wrap.
- Iqbal, Muhammad (2020-04-03). "Bupati Morowali Utara Dimakamkan dengan Protokol Covid-19". CNBC Indonesia. Archived from the original on 2020-04-29. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- Rifqie Putra, Muhammad (2020-04-03). "Profil Bupati Morowali Utara yang Dimakamkan dengan Protap COVID-19". detik.com. Archived from the original on 2020-04-28. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- Sangadji, Ruslan (2020-04-03). "North Morowali regent dies, buried according to COVID-19 protocol after testing negative". Jakarta Post. Archived from the original on 2020-04-05. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- -, Amirudin (2016-02-17). "Gubernur Sulawesi Tengah lantik Walikota dan 6 Bupati di Sulawesi Tengah". Radio Republik Indonesia. Archived from the original on 2016-10-12. Retrieved 2020-04-27.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Pujanarko, Mung (2020-03-01). "Raja Mori Diusulkan Menjadi Pahlawan Nasional di Kongres II Wita Mori". Penanegeri.com. Archived from the original on 2020-04-29. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- Qadri, Mohammad (2020-04-04). "Bupati Morowali Utara yang Meninggal Dunia Dinyatakan Positif Corona". detik.com. Archived from the original on 2020-04-13. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- "Profil Kepala Daerah: Ir. Aptripel Tumimomor, M.T." Government of North Morowali Regency. Archived from the original on 2020-04-29. Retrieved 2020-04-29.