Antis Township, Blair County, Pennsylvania
Antis Township, Pennsylvania
Crazy Mouse ride at DelRosso's Amusement Park in Tipton
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania highlighting Antis Township
Map of Blair County, Pennsylvania
|• Type||Board of Supervisors|
|• Chairman||Raymond E. Amato|
|• Vice Chairman||Robert E. Smith, Jr.|
|• Supervisor||Kenneth W. Hostler|
|• Supervisor||Charles W. Taylor|
|• Supervisor||C.J. Caracciolo|
|• Total||61.07 sq mi (158.17 km2)|
|• Land||60.83 sq mi (157.54 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.62 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||104.67/sq mi (40.41/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Antis Township is located in northwestern Blair County, with its northwest border following the Cambria County line. The township fully surrounds the borough of Bellwood. The unincorporated community of Tipton is a census-designated place in the northeastern part of the township. Interstate 99 traverses the eastern side of the township, with three exits within its borders.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 61.1 square miles (158.2 km2), of which 60.8 square miles (157.5 km2) is land and 0.23 square miles (0.6 km2), or 0.39%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,328 people, 2,530 households, and 1,884 families residing in the township. The population density was 104.1 people per square mile (40.2/km2). There were 2,661 housing units at an average density of 43.8/sq mi (16.9/km2). The racial makeup of the township was 99.00% White, 0.09% African American, 0.17% Native American, 0.17% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.08% from other races, and 0.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.28% of the population.
There were 2,530 households, out of which 30.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.2% were married couples living together, 7.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.5% were non-families. 22.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.50 and the average family size was 2.92.
In the township the population was spread out, with 22.3% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 27.9% from 25 to 44, 26.8% from 45 to 64, and 15.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 98.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $39,682, and the median income for a family was $46,301. Males had a median income of $34,770 versus $21,948 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,950. About 4.4% of families and 6.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.6% of those under age 18 and 9.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Antis township, Blair County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "Profile for Antis, Pennsylvania". ePodunk. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/ The National Map, retrieved 11 November 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 108, retrieved 11 November 2018
- Pennsylvania State Game Lands Number 158, retrieved 11 November 2018