Ankusam is 1989 Indian Telugu-language action film directed by Kodi Ramakrishna and produced by Shyam Prasad Reddy. The film stars Dr. Rajashekar and his wife Jeevitha , while Rami Reddy and M. S. Reddy play supporting roles. The film is about an honest cop who fights against his enemies and saves the life of his mentor, who is the chief minister by sacrificing his life. The film became a blockbuster at the box office and provided a major breakthrough in the career of Rajasekhar and Kodi Ramakrishna. The film was dubbed and released in Tamil as Idhuthaanda Police, which also became successful. Ravi Raja Pinisetty directed the Hindi and Kannada remakes - Pratibandh and Abhimanyu with Chiranjeevi and V. Ravichandran respectively in 1990. The film won three Nandi Awards.
|Directed by||Kodi Ramakrishna|
|Story by||M. S. Art Movies Unit|
|Produced by||M. Shyam Prasad Reddy|
|Cinematography||K. S. Hari|
|Edited by||K. A. Marthand|
|Music by||Chellapilla Satyam|
The film became successful at box office and provided a major breakthrough in the career of Rajasekhar. Rajasekhar's portrayal of honest and short-tempered police officer received critical acclaim and he went on to be typecast in similar roles throughout his career. Both director and actor again teamed up for Nayakudu, which failed to repeat the success of Ankusam. Ramireddy also became famous as a villain and did similar characters in other films.
|"Idi Cheragani Prema"||S. Janaki, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Mallemaala|
|"Goranta Deepam"||S. Janaki||Mallemaala|
|"Ayyaloo Jaagarata"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Mallemaala|
|"Chinnaari Kasigandu" (dwepada)||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Mallemaala|
|"Nenu Tappu Cheyaledu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Mallemaala|
- Gopal Rao, Giddaaluri (21 July 1989). "చిత్ర సమీక్ష: అంకుశం" [Film Review: Ankusham] (PDF). Zamin Ryot (in Telugu). Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Reel cops on patrol". Times of India. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna's Hindi debuts were Telugu remakes". Times of India. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "'Mahamkali' Review: Horrible And Unbearable". Greatandhra.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Nayakudu - Telugu cinema Review - Rajasekhar, Namitha". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Villain Ram Reddy dies of cancer". Greatandhra.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Ek police launch - Telugu cinema - Nagababu". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "నంది అవార్డు విజేతల పరంపర (1964–2008)" [A series of Nandi Award Winners (1964–2008)] (PDF). Information & Public Relations of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 21 August 2020.(in Telugu)