This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anja Aguilar is the screen name of Angellie G. Urquico (born July 22, 1994), a Filipino recording artist and Grand Winner of Little Big Star Season 2 in 2006.
Angellie G. Urquico
July 22, 1994
|Agent||Star Magic (2006–2010)|
Viva Artists Agency (2010–present)
Life and careerEdit
Anja Aguilar hails from Marikina, where she was born as Angellie G. Urquico, by which name she was known when she won grand prize at ABS-CBN’s singing competition, Little Big Star, hosted by her idol Sarah Geronimo. As early as four years old, she already exemplified her singing talent at birthday parties and family gatherings. She has since joined over 50 contests which include Batang Vidaylin on ABC-5 (now The 5 Network) and Duet Bulilit on ABS-CBN’s then noontime show MTB.
After her breakthrough triumph in Little Big Star, acting opportunities also opened. She starred in an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya, where she played a 12-year-old girl who fell in love with a 26-year-old guy, played by Piolo Pascual. She made a few drama series on ABS-CBN, such as Maria La Del Barrio, May Minamahal, and Palos. On film, she was seen in a minor role in Praybeyt Benjamin. She appeared in an indie film, Astig, starring Dennis Trillo, and another called Ugat Sa Lupa.
Anja signed up with Viva Artists Agency on May 15, 2010, and became a member of Pop Girls. The screen name "Anja Aguilar" came to be as a suggestion by VAA President Veronique R. Corpus. In January 2012, she was launched as one of ASAP 2012’s main talents. Her self-titled debut album was released in February.
The 10–track album "Anja Aguilar" has original compositions by the distinguished Vehnee Saturno, including the hit carrier single To Reach You. She also made an outstanding cover of Willie Revillame’s song, I Love You, which was used by TV5’s drama series P.S. I Love You as its theme song. Director Monti Parungao, the same guy behind the music videos of Bakit Pa Ba by Sarah Geronimo and Masasabi Mo Ba by Rachelle Ann Go, and reputed for his exceptional work in commercials and reality shows like Survivor, also directed the video of To Reach You.
Anja's album features songs such as "I Love You," and "When," and the Tagalog "Nasaan Ang Pangako".
|2006||Little Big Star||Herself/Contestant|
|2007||Sineserye Presents: May Minamahal||Pinky Tagle|
|2007||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Dream House||Rian|
|2009||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Teacher||Tara's Sister|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bahay||Joy|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Marriage Contract||Mark's Sister|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Parol||Young Judy|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Tulay||Young Eva|
|2012||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Kalendaryo||Pinky Chavez|
|2015||MTV Pinoy||Celebrity VJ|
|2016||Class 3C Has A Secret||Freya / Tania|
|2017||Someone to Watch Over Me||Queenie|
|2009||Ugat Sa Lupa|
|2011||The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin|
|2014||The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin|
|2015||Your Place or Mine?|
|2015||Para sa Hopeless Romantic|
- TMA. "Anja Aguilar: The Next Sarah Geronimo". Writer. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Tomada, Nathalie (April 21, 2012). "Anja is Viva's new bet". The Philippine Star. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Abella, Charmaine. "Anja Aguilar performs with OPM's bests!". Writer. Viva Entertainment. Archived from the original on May 2, 2012. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Solis, Lolit (March 27, 2012). "Pagbirit ni Anja hindi nakaka-irita". Pilipino Star Ngayon. Archived from the original on May 31, 2012. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Martinez-Belen, Crispina (April 25, 2012). "Upstart Gets Break From Viva". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on April 27, 2012. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Abella, Charmaine. "Anja Aguilar debuts first self-titled album". Writer. Viva Entertainment. Archived from the original on May 2, 2012. Retrieved May 12, 2012.