Angela Hill (fighter)
Angela Hill (born 10 December 1986) is an American mixed martial artist who competes in the strawweight division. She was formerly signed with the Invicta Fighting Championships, of which she was the strawweight champion. She is also a former World Kickboxing Association champion. Hill currently fights for the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
|Born||10 December 1986|
Prince George's County, Maryland, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||115 lb (52 kg; 8.2 st)|
|Reach||64 in (163 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Kickboxing|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
- 1 Background
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Championships and accomplishments
- 4 Mixed martial arts record
- 5 Kickboxing record (Incomplete)
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Hill is also a video gamer and cosplayer, and usually appears in costume before fights at Invicta. She has cosplayed as Dhalsim, Afro Samurai, a Fallout Vault Dweller and as one of The Warriors, among others.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Hill began her professional MMA career in 2014. She has amassed a win over future Invicta fighter Stephanie Skinner.
The Ultimate FighterEdit
In June 2014, it was announced that Hill was one of the fighters selected by the UFC to appear on The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned. She faced Carla Esparza in the preliminary round and lost via submission in the first round.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Hill's first fight after The Ultimate Fighter was against Emily Kagan at The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale on December 12, 2014. Tecia Torres fought at UFC 188 and defeated Hill.
On November 17, 2015 Hill announced on her official Facebook page that she signed with Invicta FC. She made her debut for the promotion at Invicta FC 15 on January 16, 2016, and successfully notched a first round TKO victory over Alida Gray. Hill returned less than two months later on March 11, 2016, and knocked out former strawweight title challenger Stephanie Eggink in the second round, earning her first Performance of the Night bonus as a result of the finish.
Hill made another quick turnaround to face undefeated strawweight champion Lívia Renata Souza for the title at Invicta FC 17 on May 7, 2016. She won the fight via split decision to become the new Invicta FC Strawweight champion.
Hill and Jéssica Andrade were briefly linked to a bout at UFC 207. However, the fight never materialized for that event because of a rule in the UFC's anti-doping policy with USADA. Subsequently, Andrade was removed from that card with the pairing left intact and rescheduled to take place at UFC Fight Night: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie on February 4, 2017. Andrade won the fight by unanimous decision. In addition, both participants were awarded Fight of the Night honors.
Hill was scheduled to face Alexa Grasso on August 25, 2018 at UFC Fight Night 135. However, Grasso was pulled out from the bout on July 19, 2018 due to knee injury and she was replaced by Cortney Casey. She lost the fight via split decision.
Hill was scheduled to face Istela Nunes on September 21, 2019 at UFC on ESPN+ 17. However on August 12, 2019, it was reported that Nunes was removed from the card due to a failed drug test,  and she was replaced by Ariane Carnelossi. i
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|16 matches||9 wins||7 losses|
|Loss||9–7||Yan Xiaonan||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 238||June 8, 2019||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Win||9–6||Jodie Esquibel||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Hermansson||April 27, 2019||3||5:00||Sunrise, Florida, United States|
|Loss||8–6||Randa Markos||Submission (armbar)||UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Pettis||March 23, 2019||1||4:24||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Loss||8–5||Cortney Casey||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Gaethje vs. Vick||August 25, 2018||3||5:00||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||8–4||Maryna Moroz||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Emmett vs. Stephens||February 24, 2018||3||5:00||Orlando, Florida, United States|
|Loss||7–4||Nina Ansaroff||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Pettis||November 11, 2017||3||5:00||Norfolk, Virginia, United States|
|Win||7–3||Ashley Yoder||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption Finale||July 7, 2017||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||6–3||Jéssica Andrade||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie||February 4, 2017||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||6–2||Kaline Medeiros||Decision (unanimous)||Invicta FC 20: Evinger vs. Kunitskaya||November 18, 2016||5||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Defended the Invicta FC Strawweight Championship.|
|Win||5–2||Lívia Renata Souza||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 17: Evinger vs. Schneider||May 7, 2016||5||5:00||Costa Mesa, California, United States||Won the Invicta FC Strawweight Championship. Performance of the Night.|
|Win||4–2||Stephanie Eggink||KO (punch)||Invicta FC 16: Hamasaki vs. Brown||March 11, 2016||2||2:36||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||3–2||Alida Gray||TKO (knee to the body)||Invicta FC 15: Cyborg vs. Ibragimova||January 16, 2016||1||1:39||Costa Mesa, California, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||2–2||Rose Namajunas||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 192||October 3, 2015||1||2:47||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Tecia Torres||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 188||June 12, 2015||3||5:00||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Win||2–0||Emily Kagan||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale||December 12, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Strawweight debut.|
|Win||1–0||Stephanie Skinner||TKO (knees)||USFFC 18: Metal and Mayhem||April 26, 2014||2||1:35||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States||Flyweight debut.|
Mixed martial arts exhibition recordEdit
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|1 match||0 wins||1 loss|
|Loss||0–1||Carla Esparza||Submission (standing rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned||October 1, 2014 (airdate)||1||3:42||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 20 Elimination round.|
Kickboxing record (Incomplete)Edit
Wins 16(14 (T)KO, 2 decisions), 0 Loss, 0 Draws
Legend: Win Loss Draw/No contest Notes
- "Fight Card - UFC 192 Cormier vs. Gustafsson". UFC.com. Retrieved October 4, 2015.
- "Angela Hill: Dominating with Hands, Feet and Speed". American Athlete.
- "Angela Hill - Official UFC® Fighter Profile". Ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-06-11.
- Grayson, Nathan (13 December 2016). "MMA Champion Uses Video Games And Cosplay To Deal With The Stress Of Fighting". Kotaku. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Meet contestant Angela Hill". Fox Sports.
- "TUF 20 Finale results: Angela Hill dominates Emily Kagan in one-sided fight". MMA Junkie.
- "UFC 188 results: Tecia Torres outworks 'TUF 20' teammate Angela Hill for decision win". MMA Junkie.
- Homistek, Hunter A. (November 9, 2015). "Angela Hill confirms UFC release". MMA Fighting. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Angela Hill Facebook Page". Angela Hill.
- Anton Tabuena (January 17, 2016). "Invicta FC 15 Results: Cyborg destroys Ibragimova, TUF vet Angela Hill wins". bloodyelbow.com.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (March 12, 2016). "Invicta FC 16 results: Hamasaki taps Brown, Maia edges Porto in thriller". mmajunkie.com.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (April 6, 2016). "Livia Renata Souza vs. Angela Hill title fight among Invicta FC 17 additions".
- MMAWeekly.com Staff (May 8, 2016). "Invicta FC 17 Results: Tonya Evinger Retains 135-Pound Belt; Angela Hill Wins Strawweight Strap".
- Gabriel Carvalho (2016-12-07). "Angela Hill replaces Moroz and faces Jéssica Andrade at UFC 207" (in Portuguese). olimpomma.com. Retrieved 2016-12-07.
- Marc Raimondi (2016-12-13). "Hill's UFC return on hold due to USADA rule". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- Robert Sargent (2017-01-16). "Jéssica Andrade vs Angela Hill planned for UFC Fight Night 104". mmarising.com. Retrieved 2017-01-17.
- Staff (2017-02-05). "UFC Fight Night 104 bonuses: 'Korean Zombie' among extra $50,000 winners". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-05.
- Staff (2017-07-05). "Tom Gallicchio vs. James Krause joins Dhiego Lima vs. Jesse Taylor to complete TUF 25 Finale lineup". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-07-05.
- "TUF 25 Finale results: Angela Hill's standup game shines in unanimous win over Ashley Yoder". MMAjunkie. 2017-07-08. Retrieved 2017-07-08.
- "UFC Fight Night 120 adds Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff". MMAjunkie. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "UFC Fight Night 120 results: Nina Ansaroff edges Angela Hill in high-paced affair". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-12. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- Reddick, Jay (January 22, 2018). "UFC Orlando signs Maryna Moroz vs. Angela Hill". Orlando Sentinel.
- "UFC on FOX 28 results: Angela Hill outworks Maryna Moroz for unanimous decision". MMAjunkie. 2018-02-25. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Angela Hill Vs. Alexa Grasso Added To UFC Fight Night 135 In Nebraska". MMAmania.com. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Knee injury forced Alexa Grasso out of UFC Lincoln; surgery not required". MMAjunkie. 2018-07-20. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- "UFC Fight Night 135 results: Cortney Casey takes split decision from Angela Hill". MMAjunkie. 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- Lee, Alexander K. (20 January 2019). "Several bouts announced for UFC Nashville, including Curtis Blaydes vs. Justin Willis". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "UFC Nashville results: Randa Markos scores beautiful submission win over Angela Hill". MMA Junkie. 2019-03-23. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-04-18). "Angela Hill replaces training partner Jessica Penne against Jodie Esquibel in Fort Lauderdale" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- Doherty, Dan (2019-04-27). "UFC Fort Lauderdale Results: Angela Hill Wins with Brilliant Striking Display". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "UFC 238: Angela Hill steps in for Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan". MMA Junkie. 2019-05-01. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- "UFC 238 early prelims results: Chookagian, Xiaonan earn tough wins; Wineland scores KO". MMA Junkie. 2019-06-09. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "Ultimate marca estreia de Istela Nunes para o UFC México contra Angela Hill, 21 de setembro". Sportv (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- Cruz, Guilherme (2019-08-12). "Istela Nunes out of UFC Mexico City with anti-doping violation". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- DNA, MMA. "Ariane Carnelossi vervangt Istela Nunes tegen Angela Hill tijdens UFC Mexico City". Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- Sherdog.com. "Angela". Sherdog. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "Angela Hill – MMA » Muay Thai – Awakening Fighters". Retrieved 20 June 2017.