|Born||Emily Peters Kagan|
July 14, 1981
Bangor, Maine, United States
|Residence||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||115 lb (52 kg; 8.2 st)|
|Reach||66.0 in (168 cm)|
|Rank||Black belt in Japanese Ju-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|University||Goucher College (B.A.)|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Early life and careerEdit
Kagan graduated from Goucher College with a degree in business management and began her amateur MMA career in March 2010, recording five wins and two losses. Kagan made her professional MMA debut in September 2012. She competed twice that year, winning both fights by decision.
Invicta Fighting ChampionshipsEdit
In 2013, Kagan signed with the Invicta FC promotion. She made her debut on January 5, 2013 at Invicta FC 4. She lost to Rose Namajunas by submission in the third round. Kagan rebounded in her second fight for the promotion at Invicta FC 6 on July 13, 2013. She defeated Ashley Cummins by split decision.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
The Ultimate FighterEdit
On December 11, 2013, it was announced that Kagan was signed by the UFC along with ten other strawweight fighters to compete on The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned, which will crown the first ever UFC strawweight champion.
In the first episode, it was revealed that the UFC had seeded the fighters. Kagan was seeded 15th of 16 fighters and was paired with the no. 2 seed, Joanne Calderwood. Calderwood was picked third by Team Pettis, thereby sending Kagan to Team Melendez. In their fight, she lost the bout via majority decision.
Kagan's first fight after The Ultimate Fighter was against Angela Hill at The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale on December 12, 2014. She lost the fight by unanimous decision. Kagan last fought Kailin Curran at UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant in Las Vegas losing by submission. In April 2016 Kagan was officially dropped from the UFC roster.
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|6 matches||3 wins||3 losses|
|Loss||3–3||Kailin Curran||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant||December 10, 2015||2||4:13||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||3–2||Angela Hill||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale||December 12, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||3–1||Ashley Cummins||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 6: Coenen vs. Cyborg||July 13, 2013||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Rose Namajunas||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Invicta FC 4: Esparza vs. Hyatt||January 5, 2013||3||3:44||Kansas City, Kansas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Glena Avila||Decision (split)||Dakota FC 13: Coming Home||October 13, 2012||3||5:00||Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States|
|Win||1–0||Lynae Lovato||Decision (unanimous)||Jackson's MMA Series 9||September 8, 2012||3||5:00||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
- Emily Kagan MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com
- "Fight Card - The Ultimate Fighter Finale". UFC.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Emily Kagan - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Invicta FC 6 Competitor Emily Kagan Grateful for Continued Growth of Women's MMA". Sherdog. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Emily Kagan having success as a professional". WABI-TV. Archived from the original on 2014-12-11. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Bangor woman in upcoming 'The Ultimate Fighter' series". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "Bangor woman in upcoming 'The Ultimate Fighter' series". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- Dave Reid (2013-12-11). "UFC Announce Plans for Strawweight Division with TUF 20, Signings of Several Invicta FC Roster Confirmed". MMAInsider.net. Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- "Emily Kagan enjoys her experience on the Ultimate Fighter". Albuquerque Journal. Retrieved 2014-12-11.
- "TUF Talk: Emily Kagan went from international business to survival guide to MMA". FOX Sports. 2014-09-18. Retrieved 2015-09-30.
- Matt Erickson (2013-12-11). "TUF 20 Finale adds six fights in Las Vegas, including Herrig-Ellis, Torres-Magana". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- Sherdog.com. "Emily Kagan MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com". Sherdog. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Simon, Zane. "Report: Former Sengoku champ among 4 fighters removed from UFC roster". Bloody Elbow. Retrieved 2016-04-19.