Anant Mahadevan(Redirected from Ananth Narayan Mahadevan)
Anant Mahadevan, also credited as Ananth Narayan Mahadevan, is a screenwriter, actor, and director of Hindi and Marathi films and television serials in India. Having been an integral part of the Indian television serials and Hindi movies since the 1980s, he is also involved in the professional English and Hindi theatre.
|Born||Thrissur, Travancore-Cochin, India|
|Occupation||Film director, writer and actor|
|Years active||1984 – present|
Ananth along with Sanjay Pawar received the National Award (2010) for the Best Screenplay and Dialogues for the successful Marathi movie Mee Sindhutai Sapkal. The film also fetched him the special jury award at the National Film awards 2010.
Mahadevan's film Gour Hari Dastaan was part of the Indian Panorama at the International Film Festival of India (2014) Goa, at the International Film Festival of Kerala IFFK (2014), the International Film Festival of Bangalore, and at the International Film Festival of Chennai (2014). His next film Rough Book created excitement in the festival circuit and the Film Bazaar held in Goa.
Ananth Narayan Mahadevan plays the role of Damodar in the 2018 Hindi feature film Evening Shadows, directed by Sridhar Rangayan and produced by Solaris Pictures. He plays the role of a strict patriarch who has his set opinions and wants other members in his family - his wife Vasudha (Mona Ambegaonkar), sister Sarita (Yamini Singh) and son Kartik (Devansh Doshi) - to obey his commands.
- Rukhmabai Bhimrao Raut (Marathi) (2016 upcoming film)
- RoughBook (upcoming film)
- The Storyteller (Upcoming film)
- Aksar 2 (2017)
- Gour Hari Dastaan (2015 film)
- The Xposé (2014 film)
- Life's Good
- Staying Alive (2012)
- Mee Sindhutai Sapkal (Marathi) (2010)
- Red Alert: The War Within (2009)
- Anamika: The Untold Story (2008)
- Aggar: Passion Betrayal Terror (2007)
- Victoria No. 203: Diamonds Are Forever (2007)
- Aksar (2006)
- Dil Maange More!!! (2004)
- Devi (2003) TV series
- Dil Vil Pyar Vyar (2002)
- Anamika: The Untold Story (2008) (screenplay)
- Aksar (2006) (story)
- Dil Maange More!!! (2004) (story)
- Mee Sindhutai Sapkal (screenplay)
- Evening Shadows (2018, Hindi film) – Damodar
- Vishwaroopam 2 (2018; Tamil/Hindi film; Vishwaroop in Hindi)
- Aadat Se Majboor (TV Series) (2017–2018) as Roshan Lal Tootejaa/Darshan Lal Tootejaa
- Papanasam (2015; Tamil film)
- The Xposé (2014)
- Staying Alive (2012)
- Barood : (The Fire) - A Love Story (2010) – Amrit Vohra
- Na Ghar Ke Na Ghaat Ke (2010) – V.G Chunawala
- 8 x 10 Tasveer (2009) – Sundar Puri
- EMI: Liya Hai To Chukana Padega (2008) – Babu
- Rafoo Chakkar: Fun on the Run (2008) – Harbans Singh
- Victoria No. 203: Diamonds Are Forever (2007) – Film Director
- Aap Kaa Surroor: The Moviee - The Real Luv Story – TV news reporter
- The Train: Some Lines Should Never Be Crossed...
- Joggers' Park
- Aisaa Kyon
- Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai
- Kyo Kii... Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta
- Hum Ho Gaye Aap Ke
- Chhupa Rustam: A Musical Thriller
- Baadshah (1999) (uncredited) – Seth. Mahendra
- Mann – Creditor
- Dil Kya Kare – DCP Krishan Kumar
- Kudrat (1998)
- Main Solah Baras Ki
- Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha
- Miss 420
- Yes Boss
- Akele Hum Akele Tum
- Hum Dono
- Janam Kundli
- God and Gun
- Live Today
- Prem Yog
- Baazigar (1993) – Vishwanath Sharma (Ajay's father)
- Gardish (1993) – Havaldar Sawant
- Professor Ki Padosan (1993)
- Khiladi (1992) – Neelam's Uncle
- Nagin Aur Lootere (1992) – Nagraj
- Vishkanya – Bajrang
- The Sword of Tipu Sultan (1990) – Pandit Purnaiya
- Chandni (1989) – Chandni's friend's husband
- Red Alert: The War Within official site: "Cast & Crew"
- Tuteja, Joginder. "'Red Alert could have been set in Cuba or Ireland' - Anant Mahadevan", BollywoodHungama.com, 7 July 2010
- "എനിക്കും മലയാളത്തിനുമുള്ള അഭിമാനനേട്ടം - ആനന്ദ് മഹാദേവന്" [National Film Awards 2010 - Mathrubhumi Movies] (in Malayalam). Mathrubhumi. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- "CBFC clears gay film 'Evening Shadows' with U/A certificate". India Blooms.
- "Nambi Narayanan biopic will have no heroine: Madhavan".
- "Ananth Mahadevan's Rough Book brings Indian education into sharp focus". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Ananth Mahadevan to adapt Satyajit Ray's short story into film". Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Staying Alive movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-06-12.