Amy Diamond (model)
8 February 1988 |
Crewe, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
|Website||Page at BBC|
Diamond was born in Widnes, Cheshire. She currently lives in London. Diamond studied at St Peter and St Paul's Catholic High School and then went on to study performing arts at The Hammond School, Chester.
As a glamour model, Diamond has posed for British lads' mags such as Nuts and Loaded as well as tabloid newspaper The Sun. Diamond has also modelled as part of promotional work for brands such as Ann Summers. In 2009, she posed outside the British Houses of Parliament painted with the colours of the European flag as part of a publicity stunt for Libertas.
In 2010, Diamond took part in the BBC talent-search Over the Rainbow, which aimed to find an actress to play Dorothy in an upcoming production of The Wizard of Oz. Diamond made it through to become one of the top eleven finalists in the competition. In the first week of live performances for the public vote, she sang a rendition of Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" but was eliminated after the vote and Andrew Lloyd Webber's decision. Diamond also took part in a group performance of Love Machine by Girls Aloud with contestants Bronte Barbe, Emilie Fleming, and Jessica Robinson  and in the final show, performed with the former eight Dorothys in a group performance of Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down by Alicia Keys.
- "Mum of Amy Diamond of Widnes urges town to back her in BBC Andrew Lloyd Webber Wizard of Oz show". Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News. 1 April 2010. Archived from the original on 27 July 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- "Over The Rainbow: Page 3 girl Amy Diamond is too sexy to play Dorothy and is first to get axed". Mail Online. 4 April 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Amy Diamond on Twitter". Twitter.com. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Please vote for my daughter, Amy Diamond, pleads mum, Margaret". Runcorn and Widnes World. 31 March 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- "Over The Rainbow contestant Amy Diamond - and Dorothy". BBC. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2010.
- "Amy". BBC. Archived from the original on 29 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 August 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2010.
- "The Bosh". Sexycelebritygossip.com. 17 April 2013. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Amy Diamond Pictures - Ann Summers Flagship Store". Zimbio. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Who moved my news?". Daylife. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Amy's Performance - Over the Rainbow - Episode 3". YouTube. 3 April 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Mission Accomplished - Over the Rainbow - Episode 4". YouTube. 4 April 2010. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- "Siobhan McCarthy to Star in Gatehouse's DROWSY CHAPERONE; Full Cast Announced". BroadwayWorld.com. 1 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.