HQ and mill of the BATA farmers' cooperative group, outside Amotherby.There is also a pub, The Queen's Head.
|Population||399 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Amotherby sits on two main roads, the B1257 between Helmsley and Malton and the Kirkbymoorside to Malton road. Both roads meet at a busy junction in the village, with traffic from Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside meeting towards Malton.
The village is home to Malton Foods Ltd (formerly known as Westlers) which produces ready meals for the foodservice and retail sectors. The Company has been part of Zwanenberg Food Group UK since November 2013.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Amotherby Parish (1170217209)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- The North Yorkshire Village Book. Countryside Books. 1991. ISBN 1-85306-137-9.
- Historic England. "Church of St Helen (Grade II) (1149153)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Howat, Patrick (1988). The railways of Ryedale and the Vale of Mowbray. Nelson: Hendon. p. 3. ISBN 0-86067-111-9.
- Bellamy, Alison (5 January 2019). "Enjoying quiet life". The Yorkshire Post. Country Week. p. 11. ISSN 0963-1496.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Amotherby Ward (as of 2011) (1237325149)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 23 October 2018.