Dr. Amit Ray (born 12 August 1960) is an Indian author, and spiritual master. He is known for his teachings on meditation, yoga, peace and compassion. He is best known for his Om meditation and integrated yoga and vipassana meditation techniques. He is author of several books on meditation and other spiritual topics.
|Alma mater||University of Calcutta|
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
|Occupation||Author, Spiritual Master|
Education and early lifeEdit
Amit Ray was born on 12 August 1960. He earned a BS in Engineering at Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, then affiliated with the University of Calcutta. He earned his M.Tech and Ph.D. at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. In his early years he worked as a scientist in computational neuroscience.
He teaches 114 chakra system  the importance of integrating yoga, mindfulness and positive approach towards life. Ray says that "Yoga is not a religion, it is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind and soul." He advocates for creating peace and positive vibration on earth. According to him it is the amount of positive vibration we have radiated in life that matters. He emphasizes the value of family. According to him there is no better example for a child than a caring mother and a dignified father. He underlines the value of beautification of inner dialog and the inner world with love light and compassion to make life beautiful.
He is one of the pioneers of compassionate artificial intelligence movement. He introduced the concept of Deep Compassion algorithms and frameworks to solve humanitarian needs such as compassionate care-giving, helping physically and mentally challenged people. Ray argues the importance of compassion, kindness and emotional intelligence in the age of automation, AI and social robots. He said "As more and more artificial intelligence is entering into the world, more and more emotional intelligence must enter into leadership.” Ray has used the term "compassionate social robot", which he defined as an autonomous physical agent that interacts with humans in social context like a human, on all fronts of emotions, intelligence, compassion and creativity. Ray's contribution for brain computer interface research for mind reading and helping disabled people is path-breaking.[
Peace and Humanitarian WorkEdit
Ray propagates peace and nuclear weapons free world. He feels our commitment to next generations is to bring heaven on earth, and not nuclear annihilation and we must act before the time slips. He believes greater collaboration among international organisations is essential. He said, collaboration is the essence of life as the wind, bees and flowers work together, to spread the pollen. He is against the inequalities, discrimination, exploitation faced by the girl child across the world. He said, smiling face of every little girl is the signature of God’s presence. Ray advocates planting more trees, to give our children and the future generation a cleaner and safe environment. He stated that we may not plant millions of trees, but we can take care of one single tree with love and care that will make us great. He advocates love and kindness in crisis situation. He said that in every crisis, doubt or confusion take the higher path — the path of compassion, courage, understanding, kindness and love.
- Om Chanting and Meditation 
- OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment 
- Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle 
- Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing the God Within 
- World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird 
- Meditation: Insights and Inspirations 
- Compassionate Artificial Intelligence: Frameworks and Algorithms 
Selected Scientific ArticlesEdit
Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach, Neurocomputing, Volume 6, Issues 5–6, October 1994, Pages 523–539.
Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques, IEA of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 604, 1992, pp 636–640. 
Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach, Computers in Industry, Volume 16, Issue 2, June 1991, Pages 169–177.
- "Share the Love of Yoga on International Yoga Day". Cape Town Magazine.
- Maharana, Kabita. "International Peace Day 2014". International Business Times.
- Fielding, Polly (2 January 2015). Nurturing Compassion. Polly Fielding. ISBN 9781505905731.
- Snieder, Roel (24 June 2016). The Joy of Science - Compassion. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781316535943.
- "Inner Peace and Beauty: Teachings of Sri Amit Ray". Mastering Yoga. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Amit Ray Official Website".
- Ray, Amit (2010). OM Chanting and Meditation (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 9788191026931.
- "Biography in Authors DB".
- Ray, Amit (October 1994). "Stepless PWM speed control of AC motors: A neural network approach". Neurocomputing. 6 (5, 6): 523–539. doi:10.1016/0925-2312(94)90004-3.
- Ray, Amit (1992). "Real-time fault diagnosis — Using occupancy grids and neural network techniques". Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems. Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems: Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 604. pp. 636–640. doi:10.1007/BFb0025019. ISBN 978-3-540-55601-5.
- Ray, Amit (June 1991). "Equipment fault diagnosis—A neural network approach". Computers in Industry. 16 (2): 169–177. doi:10.1016/0166-3615(91)90088-Q.
- Schneider, Adalbert (2019). "A Brief History of the Chakras in Human Body". Psychology Review. Vol. 15. pp. 21–24. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "Yoga and you, The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Yoga for Weight Loss". NDTV.
- "World Record Breaking Headstand Yoga, Arabian Gazette". Arabian Gazette, Middle East Business News, Dubai News, UAE News.
- Chappell, Greg. "The death that stopped a nation". The Hindu.
- "Hughes had no time for negativity". Cricket.com.au Australia. 1 December 2014.
- "7 Questions That Will Keep You Curious". Huffington Post. 5 August 2014.
- LEE, GLORIA (20 June 2015). "Tell Dad "I Love You"". Christianity Daily.
- Wilson, Annie (12 May 2018). "Compassionate Artificial Intelligence Movement". Inner Light Publishers.
- Ray, Amit (3 October 2018). Compassionate Artificial Intelligence. Compassionate AI Lab. ISBN 9789382123460.
- Martin, Nicole (27 August 2019). "Robots Are Actually Teaching Humans To Be More Compassionate". Forbes.
- McLeod, Andrew (30 March 2019). "Human Rights and Ethical issues of Artificial Intelligence". AI News.
- Andrews, Susan (4 June 2020). "Data Has Never Been More Powerful | University of Bridgeport". www.bridgeport.edu. University of Bridgeport. University of Bridgeport. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- Fox, Amy. "Coronavirus app finally launches in England". The Day. The Day News UK. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- Clarkson, Jennifer (2020). "Social Ethical Robots Based on Amit Ray's Deep Compassion Algorithms". doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.24479.38568 – via ResearchGate. Cite journal requires
- Komarraju, Apoorva (14 May 2021). "Top 10 Latest Research On Brain Machine Interface" (Artificial Intelligence Latest News Machine Learning). Analytics Insight.
- Lee, Inessa (4 July 2019). Equalism: Paradise Regained. In: Lee N. (eds) The Transhumanism Handbook. Springer Link, Cham. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-16920-6_66. ISBN 978-3-030-16919-0.
- Gurría, Angel. "11th Annual Meeting of the United Nations Governing Body Secretariats". Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- "National Girl Child Day 2020: Powerful words for your loved ones". Republic World. Republic World. 24 January 2020. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Maika Bolatiki, Suva (23 February 2019). "Editorial: Plant A Tree Today For The Sake Of Our Children". Fiji Sun News. Fiji Sun. Retrieved 22 February 2020.
- Paul, Dan (1 April 2020). "Finding compassion and love in a time of crisis | News, Sports - Daily Press". Daily Press. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- Ray, Amit; Ray, Banani (2012). OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123101.
- Ray, Amit (2012). Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Lifestyle. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026924.
- Ray, Banani; Ray, Amit (2010). Awakening Inner Guru: The Path of Realizing God Within (2nd ed.). Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-8191026900.
- Ray, Amit (2014). World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123262.
- Ray, Amit (2010). Meditation: Insights and Inspirations. Inner Light Publishers. ISBN 978-9382123316.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Amit Ray|