American Journal of Public Health
The American Journal of Public Health is a monthly peer-reviewed public health journal published by the American Public Health Association covering health policy and public health. The journal was established in 1911 and its stated mission is "to advance public health research, policy, practice, and education." The journal occasionally publishes themed supplements. The editor-in-chief is Alfredo Morabia. The journal has been criticized for extending its open access embargo from 2 to 10 years as of June 1, 2013.
|Am. J. Public Health|
|Edited by||Alfredo Morabia|
American Public Health Association (United States)
|Delayed, after 10 years|
The journal was voted one of the 100 most influential journals in biology and medicine over the last 100 years by the Special Libraries Association. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 4.138.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Biological Abstracts
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Embase/Excerpta Medica
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Psychological Abstracts/PsycINFO
- Science Citation Index
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Morabia, Alfredo (2017). "AJPH's First Year". American Journal of Public Health. American Public Health Association. 107 (1): 6. doi:10.2105/AJPH.2016.303560.
- Smith, Kevin L. (23 May 2013). "Of Predators and Public Health". Library Journal. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Top 100 Journals in Biology and Medicine". Special Libraries Association. Archived from the original on 30 March 2009.
- "American Journal of Public Health". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2016.
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "American Journal of Public Health". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "PsychINFO Journal Coverage". American Psychological Association. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Source details: American Journal of Public Health". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2017-01-31.