Amber Stevens West
Amber Dawn West (née Stevens; born October 7, 1986), known as Amber Stevens West, is an American actress. She is best known for her roles as Ashleigh Howard in the ABC Family series Greek (2007–2011), Maxine in the NBC sitcom The Carmichael Show (2015–2017), and Claire Davis in the CBS comedy Happy Together (2018–2019). She has also appeared in films The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), 22 Jump Street (2014) and Jessabelle (2014).
Amber Stevens West
Stevens West in 2010
Amber Dawn Stevens
October 7, 1986
Andrew J. West (m. 2014)
Stevens West was born Amber Dawn Stevens in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of actor and radio announcer Shadoe Stevens and former model Beverly Cunningham. She has a younger sister named Chyna and an older paternal half-brother named Brad. Stevens is of mixed ethnicity, being born to a Caucasian father and African-American mother. Her mother is also part Comanche.
Early in her career, she appeared in television commercials for Old Navy, Verizon, Logitech and Neutrogena. In 2007, Stevens West began portraying Ashleigh Howard on the ABC Family comedy-drama television series Greek. In a review released soon after the premiere of the show, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette called the show "light-hearted fun" and "authentic" while The New York Times claimed that Greek "captures the spirit of the hedge-fund age like nothing else." The series concluded after four seasons on March 7, 2011. She has appeared in films The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), Fired Up! (2009), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), The Kitchen (2012) and Jessabelle (2014).
She has appeared in guest roles on How I Met Your Mother, Friends with Benefits, Baby Daddy, 90210, Ben and Kate and New Girl. In 2011, Stevens West played the role of Mimi Marquez in the musical Rent: Downtown L.A. She made a guest appearance as Joy Struthers on CBS' Criminal Minds, in the episode "Fate". In 2014, she appeared as Jonah Hill's character's love interest called Maya in the comedy film 22 Jump Street. The film received positive reviews, with some critics calling it one of the best comedy sequels of all time, and grossed $331 million worldwide.
In 2015, Stevens West co-starred opposite Jerrod Carmichael as Maxine in the NBC comedy sitcom The Carmichael Show. In 2017, following that show's end, Stevens West was cast as a series regular on the FOX supernatural comedy series Ghosted. She portrayed a restaurant and bar designer Claire Davis opposite Damon Wayans Jr. on CBS' comedy television series Happy Together (2018–2019). The series followed a young couple whose lives are suddenly thrown into chaos when a pop star moves into their home.
Stevens began dating actor Andrew J. West after they met while co-starring in Greek. They married on December 5, 2014, in Los Angeles. The couple welcomed their daughter Ava Laverne on October 7, 2018.
|2006||The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift||Cheerleader|
|2012||The Amazing Spider-Man||Ariel|
|2014||22 Jump Street||Maya Dickson|
|2018||The Way We Weren't||Carly||completed|
|2005||Complete Savages||Girl #2||Episode: "Teen Things I Hate About You"|
|2005||The Bold and the Beautiful||Forrester Model||1 episode|
|2006||The Hills||Model||Episode: "Boyfriends And Work Don't Mix"|
|2007||The Beast||Aileen||TV movie|
|2007||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Emily Wilson / Tanya||Episodes: "Empty Eyes", "Ending Happy"|
|2007–2011||Greek||Ashleigh Howard||Main role|
|2011||Weekends at Bellevue||Claire Cohen||Television film|
|2011||Grey's Anatomy||Laurel Pinson||Episode: "Start Me Up"|
|2011||Friends with Benefits||Caroline||Episode: "The Benefit of Mardi Gras"|
|2011||How I Met Your Mother||Janet McIntyre||Episode: "Mystery vs. History"|
|2012||Joey Dakota||Maya Beaumont||Television film|
|2012||Baby Daddy||Izzy||Episode: "The Daddy Whisperer"|
|2012||90210||Bryce Woodbridge||Episodes: "99 Problems", "The Things We Do for Love"|
|2012||Ben and Kate||Anna Lewis||Episode: "Reunion"|
|2014||New Girl||Viv||Episode: "Goldmine"|
|2014–2015, 2019||Criminal Minds||Joy Struthers||Episodes: "Fate", "Anonymous", "Target Rich", "Truth or Dare"|
|2015||Chasing Life||Frankie||Episodes: "The Domino Effect", "The Last W"|
|2015–2017||The Carmichael Show||Maxine||Main role|
|2018–2019||Happy Together||Claire Davis||Main role|
|2019||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dallas||Episode: "Diss"|
|Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons||Jenny Willis Jefferson||ABC television special|
- "Amber Dawn Stevens was born on October 7, 1986 in Los Angeles County, California". California Birth Index. California Office of Health Information and Research. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Nat (June 12, 2017). "Five Things You Didn't Know about Amber Stevens West". TVOvermind. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Rubin, Sam (August 26, 2015). "Amber Stevens West Talks 'The Carmichael Show'". KTLA Morning News. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "Former 'American Top 40' Host Shadoe Stevens On Celebrating 30 Years Of Sobriety". Huffington Post. October 17, 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "7 Quick Facts to Know About Actress & Model Amber Stevens West". Your Black World. June 26, 2017. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- "Swirl Girl Icon: Amber Stevens!". Swirl Girl Army. 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Carlbert, Michelle (August 26, 2015). "Interview: Amber Stevens on how her ethnicity has affected her career". SheKnows. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Smith, Krista (September 2014). "Amber Stevens Would Like to Work on a Sitcom". Vanity Fair. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- "Amber Stevens Quotes". BrainyQuote. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- "Amber Stevens West". IMDb. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Thomas, Rachel (August 1, 2012). "An Interview with Amber Stevens (Ashleigh, Greek)". About Entertainment. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- "Freaks and Greeks". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 29, 2007. Archived from the original on June 8, 2008.
- Bellafante, Ginia (July 16, 2007). "'Greek' – Television Review". The New York Times. Archived from the original on March 23, 2009. Retrieved May 30, 2008.
- Masters, Megan; Masters, Megan (March 8, 2011). "Exclusive Greek Post Mortem: The Show Is Over, But There's Still More to See!". TVLine. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- "Amber Stevens West | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Chen, Roselle (April 29, 2011). "Hey Kids, Let's Put on a Secret Show". Los Angeles Downtown News. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Morales, Wilson (June 16, 2014). "Exclusive: Amber Stevens Talks '22 Jump Street'". Black Film. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 12, 2017). "'Ghosted' Fox Comedy Adds 'Carmichael Show's Amber Stevens West In Recasting". Deadline. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- CNN, Sandra Gonzalez. "Amber Stevens West was happy to break pregnancy stigmas on 'Happy Together' set". CNN. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- "Amber Stevens West says 'Happy Together' got creative hiding her baby bump". New York Post. September 29, 2018. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- Ehrich Dowd, Kathy (December 6, 2014). "Amber Stevens Marries Andrew J. West". People. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Stern, Sophie (October 18, 2018). "Amber Stevens West and Andrew J. West Welcome Daughter Ava Laverne". People. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- "Amber Stevens West Welcomes Baby Girl". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved September 13, 2019.