|Alpha Delta Chi|
University of California, Los Angeles
|Motto||As in a Mirror|
|Colors||Flame and Blue|
|Website||Alpha Delta Chi homepage|
Alpha Delta Chi was founded in 1925 at the University of California, Los Angeles by ten women. Their vision was to create a place where Christian women could participate in Greek life without compromising their beliefs, build strong friendships, and most of all, they wanted to create a place which would mirror Christ's love to their community. The sorority was originally named Areta, which means virtue. The sorority's purpose is to provide fellowship for Christian college women, to strengthen the spiritual lives of its members, to be a testimony for Christ on each campus.
In 1929, Karin Anderson Dyer and Edith Bishop McAulay, two members of the Alpha chapter of Areta, were attending the University of California, Berkeley as graduate students. The two saw a need for the sorority and with the help of the Alpha chapter, they organized the Beta chapter on February 4, 1929.
The first annual convention of Alpha Delta Chi was held in Berkeley, California, on April 6–7, 1939. At this meeting the National Association of Areta and the National Executive and Advisory Board were formed. The original name of the National Fraternity, Areta, was changed to Alpha Delta Chi at the June 1943 National Convention.
A.D.X. currently has 18 active chapters across the nation, the newest of which is the Alpha Beta chapter at the University of Denver.
List of chaptersEdit
Note: The Lambda chapter does not exist.
- Alpha - UCLA
- Beta - UC Berkeley
- Delta - San Diego State University
- Epsilon - University of Southern California
- Zeta - California State University, Long Beach
- Theta - California State University, Fresno
- Mu - Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Pi - University of Colorado at Boulder
- Sigma - Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tau - University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
- Chi - Georgia Southern University
- Psi - University of North Alabama
- Omega - Colorado State University
- Alpha Beta - University of Denver
- Alpha Gamma - Kennesaw State University
- Gamma - California State University, Los Angeles
- Eta - California State University, Northridge
- Iota - UC Santa Barbara
- Kappa - Murray State University
- Nu - UC Davis
- Xi - Illinois State University
- Omicron - UC Irvine
- Rho - University of Cincinnati
- Upsilon - University of Arkansas
- Phi - Azusa Pacific University
- Alpha Alpha - Seton Hall University