"Almost Paradise... Love Theme from Footloose" is the title of a duet by singers Mike Reno of Loverboy and Heart's frontwoman Ann Wilson. It is one of two major hits with music by singer Eric Carmen and lyrics by Dean Pitchford, the other being Carmen's hit, "Make Me Lose Control".
|"Almost Paradise... Love Theme from Footloose"|
|Single by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson|
|from the album Footloose|
|B-side||"Strike Zone" (by Loverboy)|
|Format||7" (45 rpm)|
Reno is best known as the lead singer of the rock band Loverboy, while Wilson is the lead singer of the rock band Heart. Both bands achieved a significant amount of success in the 1980s, and Reno and Ann Wilson were approached to record a duet for the film Footloose (1984).
Officially listed as the "Love Theme from Footloose" on the film's soundtrack, "Almost Paradise" was one of three top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart found on the soundtrack; it peaked at No. 7 and spent 13 weeks in the top 40. An alternate version of the song with a slightly different musical arrangement, which has never been released, is used in the film. The other hits from this soundtrack include "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins and "Let's Hear It for the Boy" by Deniece Williams, both of which went to No. 1 on the pop chart. "Almost Paradise" was also a hit on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart in the United States, where it spent one week at No. 1. Both singers resumed their respective roles within their bands following this one-off recording.
- In 1989 Eric Carmen and Merry Clayton released a cover single, which was performed as part of the Dirty Dancing live tour.
- In 2011, Victoria Justice and Hunter Hayes performed the song, for the 2011 remake of the original film.
- In 2017, Royce da 5'9, Kxng Crooked, Truth Ali, Iliana Eve, Jonathan Hay, Mike Smith and King Graint all collaborated on "Almost Paradise," a hip-hop interpolation of the original. The song is from The Sins of a Father Playlist compilation and it reached #28 on the Canadian Spotify Charts. 
- Mike Reno and Ann Wilson – vocals
- Chas Sanford – electric guitar
- Keith Olsen – bass, acoustic guitar
- Bill Cuomo – keyboards, synthesizer
- Jerry Peterson – saxophone
- Jim Keltner – drums
- "200 Greatest Soft Rock Songs". entertainment.expertscolumn.com.
- Whitburn, Joel (1996). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 6th Edition (Billboard Publications)
- Bronson, Fred (2003). The Billboard Book of No. 1 Hits, 5th Edition (Billboard Publications)
- Hyatt, Wesley (1999). The Billboard Book of No. 1 Adult Contemporary Hits (Billboard Publications)
- "Mike Reno Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- "Mike Reno Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- "Mike Reno". wweb.uta.edu. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1984/Top 100 Songs of 1984". www.musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Various - Dirty Dancing - Live In Concert". Discogs. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Footloose (Music from the Motion Picture) by Various Artists". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "Spotify Charts". spotifycharts.com. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Almost Paradise (feat. Royce da 5'9", Truth Ali & Kxng Crooked)". 6 October 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2018.