This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alexis Glick (born Alexis Cahill Donnelly; August 7, 1972) is an American television personality who was an anchor of Money for Breakfast and The Opening Bell on Fox Business Network, as well as the Vice President of Business News. She left the channel in December 2009. Glick has since founded the GENYOUth Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to nurturing child health and wellness through improved nutrition and physical activity.
Glick in 2008
Alexis Cahill Donnelly
August 7, 1972
|Occupation||Former Anchor, FBN|
|Title||Former Business News Anchor|
Early life and educationEdit
Glick grew up in the private residential development of Stuyvesant Town in Manhattan. Her father, Robert E. Donnelly, is an entertainment lawyer in Manhattan. Her mother, Ellen Cahill Donnelly, was a secretary for Lehman Brothers and is the office manager in Brooklyn for the Forest City Ratner Corporation, a New York real estate developer. Glick's parents live in Dobbs Ferry, New York.
Glick began her career as an analyst at Goldman Sachs in the Equities Division. She was also an executive at Morgan Stanley where she was in charge of floor operations at the New York Stock Exchange, making her the first and youngest woman to manage such an operation for a bulge bracket firm.
Glick traded consumer and entertainment stocks, utility and real estate investment trusts and most notably, the financials including banks, credit card stocks, government agencies and insurance stocks at Morgan Stanley. She was also one of the top producers on the company’s Listed Equity Trading Desk from 1998 through 2001.
Glick had worked as a temporary host for the third hour of NBC's Today Show in 2006. She was also a substitute anchor on Early Today in 2005 and an occasional anchor on MSNBC Live. Previously, Glick was a senior business correspondent for CNBC.
Fox News/Fox Business NetworkEdit
It was announced on September 12, 2006 that Glick would be joining the Fox News Channel as Director of Business News. Glick began appearing on Fox News programming in July 2007. She has interviewed world leaders such as President Barack Obama, Secretary of the Treasury, former Secretary Of Commerce Gary Locke. Henry Paulson, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and former Irish head of state John Bruton.
On December 23, 2009, Glick announced that she was leaving the Fox Business Network.
Glick made appearances on the May 7, 2010 episode of "Real Time with Bill Maher" and as a guest commentator on CNN and ABC News. She also guest-hosted on WABC (AM) and Sirius XM radio from New York.
Glick is the founder and current CEO of the GENYOUth Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to nurturing child health and wellness through improved nutrition and physical activity.
She is married to Oren Glick, who is Jewish and the founder and president of Shoot Digital, a New York City photography company. They have four sons, including Logan, Sky, (born 2001), Kyle, and Slate.
- "Alexis Glick – Biography". AlexisGlick.com. 2011.
- "Alexis Glick goes to Bed at 8:30" (News and Politics). New York Magazine. 14 October 2008.
- "Alexis Donnelly And Oren Glick" (Archives). The New York Times. 10 October 1999.
Alexis Cahill Donnelly, the daughter of Ellen Cahill Donnelly of New York and Robert E. Donnelly of Dobbs Ferry, N.Y., was married...
- Krakauer, Steve (March 4, 2009). "SO WHAT DO YOU DO, ALEXIS GLICK, FOX BUSINESS NETWORK ANCHOR/VP?". Mediabistro. Retrieved December 2, 2014.
- kevin (23 December 2009). "Alexis Glick Leaving Fox Business". TVNewser.com. Mediabistro. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
“I want you guys to know that today will be my last day here at the Fox Business Network,”
- "Real TIme with Bill Maher" (Ep. 183 video). HBO. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Krakauer, Steve (12 August 2010). "Former Fox Business Anchor Alexis Glick Filling In On Sirius XM". Mediaite. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
has appeared on CNN and ABC News this year. Now she’s talking business in a new arena – as a guest host on Sirius XM.
- "Alexis Donnelly And Oren Glick" (Archives). New York Times. October 10, 1999. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Why Alexis Glick loves her Water Mill home" (Real Estate). Newsday. Long Island, New York. 3 August 2009.
- Goodman, Wendy (3 April 2006). "The Family That Splashes Together" (Home Design, Great Room). New York Magazine.
- "Alexis Glick – Blog". AlexisGlick.com. 2011.
- Glick, Alexis (28 February 2013). "Help Kids Move with Active Schools" (The Blog). The Huffington Post.
- Holt, Emily (April 2009). "Born Yesterday" (Maternity Leave). W Magazine.
- "Alexis Glick Looks to Dump Contemporary Crib in the Hamptons". The Real Estalker. 27 July 2011.
- "74 Cobb Isle Road, Watermill, NY 11976" (Long Island). Blockshopper.com. 2009.
- Hostetler, Sue (27 July 2009). "Found Objects" (PDF). Hamptons Magazine.