Alberto David at the EU Open Championship, Liverpool 2008
|Born||26 March 1970|
|FIDE rating||2554 (December 2018)|
|Peak rating||2631 (May 2010)|
David was born in Milan in 1970, and in 1974 moved with his parents to Luxembourg, where he learned to play chess a year later. He attained some success at the youth level but it was not until he finished his philosophy studies in London in 1992 that his chess career began. He earned his grandmaster title in 1998, becoming Luxembourg's first grandmaster. He competed for Luxembourg at the Chess Olympiads of 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2006, playing on the each time. In 2002 he won the individual silver medal with a score of 84.6% (+10–1=2). In 2012 he obtained Italian citizenship and transferred to the Italian Chess Federation in July of the same year. He competed for Italy on board 2 at the 2014 Olympiad.
David's tournament victories include the HZ Tournament in Vlissingen in 1999, the 1st NAO Chess Club GM tournament in Paris in 2003, the Paris Chess Championship in 2003 and 2005, and the inaugural Riga Technical University Open in Riga in 2011. David won the Italian Chess Championship in 2012 and 2016 (after winning the playoff against Sabino Brunello).
- "Alberto David is the 2012 Italian champion". ChessBase. 2012-11-10. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- David Alberto (26.03.1970)
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Alberto David". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- "Alberto David Gets Italian Citizenship". chessblog.com. Alexandra Kosteniuk. 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "The Week in Chess 433". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "The Week in Chess 876". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "ROMA: DAVID CAMPIONE ITALIANO AGLI SPAREGGI RAPID DAVANTI A BRUNELLO". Messaggero Scacchi (in Italian). 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
|This biographical article relating to a Luxembourgish chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to an Italian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|