Albert J. Salvi (born April 25, 1960) is an American attorney, former radio talk show host, and a former Illinois State Representative and Republican candidate for the United States Senate and for Illinois Secretary of State. He is the managing partner of the Illinois law firm Salvi & Maher, a personal injury law firm with offices in Waukegan, Chicago, Richmond and Wheaton. He grew up in Lake Zurich, Illinois.
Albert J. Salvi III
|Born||April 25, 1960(age 59)|
|Residence||Lake County, Illinois|
|Education||University of Notre Dame (B.A.) University of Illinois College of Law (J.D.)|
|Home town||Lake Zurich, Illinois|
|Spouse(s)||Kathleen Salvi (m.1988)|
|Children||Katie Salvi, Nicholas Salvi, Mary Salvi, Joseph Salvi, David Salvi, and Albert Salvi|
|Relatives||Patrick A. Salvi (Brother) Chris Salvi (Nephew)|
|Awards||Top 10 Lawyer in America, 2016 (American Institute of Legal Counsel)  Avvo 10.0 "Superb" Lawyer  Litigator Award (Trial Lawyers Board of Regents)  Martindale-Hubbell Eminence  Clients' Choice Award  Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel  2016 ASLA Top 100 Lawyers (The American Society of Legal Advocates) |
Salvi is recognized as one of the top 10 lawyers in America by the American Institute of Legal Counsel, and a top 100 lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates in 2016. Additionally, the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents presented Salvi with the Litigator Award. Further, he has also earned a spot among the "Top One Percent" of attorneys from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel from 2015-2016 and AVVO named Salvi a "Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney" based on exceptional client reviews and peer recommendations.
Albert John Salvi was born into a large family, well known for their success in law and music.
Salvi received his Bachelor of Arts in government from the University of Notre Dame in 1982 and his J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1985. He was admitted to the Illinois bar the same year. He was also admitted to the California bar in 1987 and became licensed in Wisconsin in 2015.
Salvi was elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in 1992, representing the 52nd district, which was based in western Lake County. Salvi served as Representative until 1996, when he left his seat to run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by two-term Democrat Paul Simon. In his Senate run, Salvi defeated Lieutenant Governor Bob Kustra in the Republican primary, but was defeated by U.S. Representative Dick Durbin in the general election.
In 1998, Salvi ran for Illinois Secretary of State. Salvi defeated State Representative Robert W. Churchill in the Republican primary, but lost in the general election to Democrat Jesse White.
Al Salvi is a personal injury attorney and a partner in the law firm Salvi & Maher. He handles cases such as automobile accident injuries, slip and fall, medical malpractice, personal injury, dog bites, and litigation.
Salvi was the host of The Al Salvi Show, a local issues-oriented radio talk show which aired on WKRS AM 1220 in Waukegan, Illinois, when this station aired a news-talk format. In 2006, Salvi left his radio show on WKRS to pursue his legal career. He was replaced in the 10 AM to Noon time slot by Bruno Behrend, another WKRS radio host. In 2007, Salvi returned to WKRS and was on the air two days a week.
- 1998 Secretary of State election
- Jesse White (D), 1,874,626, 55.46%
- Al Salvi (R), 1,437,420, 42.53%
- Sandra Millatti (RF), 67,696, 2%
- 1998 Secretary of State Republican primary
- Al Salvi, 365,880, 53.0%
- Robert W. Churchill, 324,529, 47.0%
- 1996 U.S. Senate election
- Dick Durbin (D), 2,384,028, 56.09%
- Al Salvi (R), 1,728,824, 40.67%
- Steven H. Perry (Ref), 61,023, 1%
- Robin J. Miller (Lbt), 41,218 1%
- 1996 Republican Primary for U.S. Senate
- Al Salvi, 377,141, 48%
- Bob Kustra, 342,935, 43%
- Robert Marshall, 43,937, 6%
- Martin Paul Gallagher, 17,276, 2%
- Wayne S. Kurzeja, 10,356, 1%
- 1994 Illinois House of Representatives election, District 52
- Al Salvi (R), 20,947, 79.47%
- Jayna Ashbacher (D), 5,410, 20.53%
- 1992 Illinois House of Representatives election, District 52
- Al Salvi (R), 31,817, 100%
- "Waukegan Personal Injury Attorney Albert Salvi Receives 2016 Client Distinction Award". Chicago Tribune. October 17, 2016.
- "Lawyer Albert Salvi - Waukegan, IL Attorney - Avvo". www.avvo.com.
- "Attorney Albert Salvi | Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. | Waukegan IL". www.salvi-law.com.
- "Attorney Albert Salvi | Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. | Waukegan IL". www.salvi-law.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Lake County Personal Injury Lawyers | Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. | Waukegan IL". www.salvi-law.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- UGC, Chicago Tribune. "Waukegan Personal Injury Attorney Albert Salvi Receives 2016 Client Distinction Award". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "Attorney Albert Salvi | Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. | Waukegan IL". www.salvi-law.com. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "The Salvi family in the law". Fra Noi. 2015-08-15. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Attorney Albert Salvi | Salvi & Maher, L.L.C. | Waukegan IL". www.salvi-law.com. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "Al Salvi driven by wit, his family and conservative", Associated Press, The Times of Northwest Indiana, October 20, 1996. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Salvi resigns his Illinois House seat" Copley News Service, The Times of Northwest Indiana, October 8, 1996. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- FEC 1996 U.S. SENATE RESULTS. Retrieved July 20, 2007. Archived December 21, 2010, at WebCite
- Election Results: General Primary - 3/17/1998, Illinois State Board of Elections. Retrieved October 26, 2016
- Election Results: General Election - 11/3/1998, Illinois State Board of Elections. Retrieved October 26, 2016
- "IMAGE 24020900211 (Page 211 of 322)". Archived from the original on 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- http://www.salvi-law.com/jsp2633581.jsp (Website no longer active) Archived July 17, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- WKRS 1220 weekday programs. Retrieved June 23, 2007. Archived December 21, 2010, at WebCite