Al-Ismul Azam (Arabic: الاسم الأعظم) or Al-Ism al-A'zam, literally "the greatest name" (also known as "Ismullah-al-Akbar" (Arabic: اسم الله الأکبر), refers in Islam to the greatest name of Allah known only to the prophets.
Some names possess general meanings and can be applied instead of several other names, "... as far as will be ended to a/the name that there won't be another name(s) higher than that, and is called Esm-A'zam or Ismullah al-Akbar" (of course Ismullah al-Akbar has been applied to another meaning, too).
Ismul A'zam is believed to have a powerful effect in the act of blessing. According to Islamic hadiths, whoever calls Allah using this term, his or her dua will be granted.
- ^ Which Quran verses have Esmul-A'zam? yjc.ir Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ The key of Esm A'zam Allah, in the Quran tebyan.net Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ Ism A'zam, the greatest Dua x-shobhe.com Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ Ism A'zam ghadeer.org Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ The greatest name (Ism A'zam daneshnameh.roshd.ir Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ The name (Esm) A'zam askdin.com Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ Asmaollah wa Sefatah, P. 84
- ^ Ism al-A'zam pasokhgoo.ir Retrieved 27 Oct 2018
- ^ a b c d "What is Ism A'zam?". hawzah.net. 27 Oct 2018.
- ^ The history of Ism Azam daneshnameh.roshd.ir Retrieved 28 Oct 2018
- ^ The secrets of Ism-Azam downloadme.ir Retrieved 28 Oct 2018
- ^ Majlesi, Bihar a;-Anwar, Vol. 93, P. 225
- ^ Isl Azam welayatnet.com Retrieved 28 Oct 2018