Agrofert is a Czech conglomerate holding company headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. It operates agriculture, food, chemical, construction, logistics, forestry, energy and mass media industries in the European Union and China with over 250 subsidiary companies.  Most of them are owned directly by AGROFERT, a.s., the minor part of the portfolio consists of companies in which the maternal company has substantial influence. The companies of AGROFERT, a.s. operate mostly in central Europe: in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany and Hungary. Furthermore, it operates in another 18 countries and 4 continents.  In 2012 the consolidated profits of the company have reached 132.5 billion Kč.  . AGROFERT, a.s. is one of the biggest companies in the Czech Republic. Agricultural companies of the conglomerate manage 386,1 square miles of land in the Czech Republic. (Majority of the land is rented, that means 1,26 % of czech land or 2,84 % of czech arable land.)  Andrej Babiš has directed the conglomerate until January 2014 and owned it until 2017, he was forced to transfer ownership of company to two trust funds AB private trust I and AB private trust II controlled by his family and lawyers in order to comply with the new conflict of interest legislation passed by the Parliament. In 2017 the conglomerate employed 33 thousand people, 22 thousand of them in CR. 
|Industry||agriculture, food industry, chemical industry|
|Predecessor||Agftrading, Agrofert, Agrofert Holding, CECHEM - Správa kapitálových účastí, CECHEM - Správa kapitálových účastí|
|Founded||January 25, 1993|
|European Union | China|
|Owner||AB private trust I (90%)|
AB private trust II (10%)
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Agrofert was founded by Andrej Babiš on January 25, 1993 and in its current form on July 1, 2000. The company was founded in 1993 by Petrimex. Andrej Babiš was its CEO until January 2014 when he became Finance Minister of the Czech Republic, and also its sole owner until 2017.
- Commercial register, ID 48117072, AGROFERT, spol. s r.o.
- Legenda o svatém Andrejovi. Reflex odhaluje zapomenuté informace o Babišově zbohatnutí
- Consolidated Annual Report AGROFERT, a.s. 2013
- CN invest, a., s. "AGROFERT, a.s." Rejstřík firem E15.cz. rejstriky.e15.cz. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- "AGROFERT, a.s." AGROFERT, a.s. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- "Czech top 100 profiting companies in 2012". Retrieved 2013-06-27. Cite journal requires
- Lhotská, Dagmar (2014-08-07). "Snížil se podíl orné půdy, zlepšila se užitkovost". Statistika&My. Český statistický úřad. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- Morávek, Daniel. "Babiš převedl Agrofert do svěřenských fondů, firma se mu ale vrátí - Podnikatel.cz". Podnikatel.cz.
- "Babiš bude králem chleba v Česku. Úřad povolil spojení pekáren, část však musí prodat". aktualne.cz.
|This article on a Czech company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|