Agatha Christie (band)
Agatha Christie (Russian: Агата Кристи) was a Soviet and Russian rock band. Formed in 1985 by Vadim Samoylov, Alexander Kozlov, and Peter Mai in Sverdlovsk. under the name VIA "RTF UPI" (Russian: ВИА «РТФ УПИ») the band changed their name to Agathe Christie in 1988  and went on to become one of the most notable Russian rock acts in the mid to late 1990s. During the recording sessions for their debut album "Second Front", Vadim's younger brother, Gleb, became a full-time member of the band. The band lineup changed continuously since then, with the Samoylov brothers being bandleaders, swapping vocal duties. The Samoylov brothers have been the principal songwriters of the band, together with keyboardist Alexander Kozlov.
|Also known as||VIA "RTF UPI" (1985)|
|Years active||1985–2010, 2015 (Reunion)|
|Past members||Gleb Samoylov|
The band has released 10 studio albums, 5 compilation albums, 2 remix albums, 3 extended plays, and 18 music videos in their career. The band announced their breakup in 2009, embarking on a final tour across Russia and nearby countries. The band released their final album "Epilogue" in 2010, and played their final concert at the Nashestvie festival that same year.
After the dissolution of Agatha Christie in 2010, the former lead singer Gleb Samoylov, together with keyboardist Konstantin Bekrev and drummer Dmitry Khakimov, formed the group The Matrixx.
Honors and awardsEdit
- 1991: Grand Prix at the Festival of young European bands Open du Rock (Burgundy, France) 
- 1996, 1997, 2001: Ovation
- 1997: Golden Gramophone Award
- 1998: World Music Awards in the nomination Successfully selling foreign artist (Monte Carlo)
- 2004: Komsomolskaya Pravda, according to a survey of readers, Agatha Christie was the fourth most influential group in the history of Russian rock.
- Этапы большого пути
- Алексеев А.С. Кто есть кто в российской рок-музыке. — Москва: АСТ, 2006. — С. 22—24. — 559 с. — ISBN 5-17-025606-X.
- Shuster, Simon (September 2, 2016). "Exclusive: Putin Aide Vladislav Surkov Defied E.U. Sanctions to Make Pilgrimage to Greece". Time.
- Агата Кристи. Русский poк
- Группы, которыe измeнили наш мир