Adekunle Ajasin University
|Motto||For Learning and Service|
|Vice-Chancellor||Olugbenga E. Ige (Acting)|
Adekunle Ajasin University was first established as Obafemi Awolowo University in March 1982 by the government of the old Ondo State, headed by the late Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin. The immediately succeeding military government of Navy Commodore Michael Bamidele Otiko changed its name to Ondo State University in 1985. Its relocation to Akungba Akoko in the new Ondo State became imperative in 1999, following the creation of a new state out of the old Ondo three years earlier in October 1996. The bill backing the relocation was signed into law by the then Governor of the State, Chief Adebayo Adefarati, in November 1999, and that prompted the movement of a crop of workers from the old site in Ado-Ekiti to Akungba Akoko on 1 December 1999. The bill for yet another name change, this time to Adekunle Ajasin University, in order to immortalise the late Governor Ajasin, was signed into law by Governor Adefarati in 2004 following the demise of the former. The amended and subsisting statute of the University was signed into law in November 2007 by yet another governor, the former Governor Olusegun Agagu. In these circumstances, it can rightly be said that while the history of AAUA started in 1982, its relocation on 5 November 1999 marked the beginning of the second phase of its history now in its present location, Akungba Akoko.
Adekunle Ajasin University offers undergraduate and post-graduate as well as Pre-degree, JUPEB programmes in fields of specialization ranging from Science, Arts, Education, Law, Social and Management sciences, Agricultural science, Environmental Design and Management.
The University has seven (7) faculties 
Below is the list of departments:
- Adult Education
- Arts Education
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Commercial and Industrial Law
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Science Education
- Educational Management
- English Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Estate Management
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Geography and Planning Science
- Guidance and Counselling
- History and International Studies
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- International Law
- Jurispudence and International Law
- Linguistics and Languages
- Mathematic Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Performing Arts
- Physics and Electronics
- Physical and Health Education
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Private and Property Law
- Public Law
- Pure and Applied Psychology
- Quantity Surveying
- Religion and African Culture
- Science Education
- Social Science Education
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Vocational and Technical Education
AAUA's Sports Complex, provides indoor and out-door sports such as table tennis, badminton, soccer, basketball, cricket, judo, track and field events that encourage staff and students to keep fit physically. The centre is equipped with ultra-modern facilities which include a large gymnasium, Standard football pitch, Tennis court, and many other sports. AAUA students participate in competitive sports such as the Nigerian University Games Association and West African University's Games.
Past and Present Vice ChancellorsEdit
The Vice Chancellors are assisted by two deputy Vice Chancellors, both Academic and Administration.
|Names of Vice Chancellors||Date|
|Prof. Akin Akindoyemi||January, 2000 to January, 2001|
|Prof. Olusola Ibukun (Acting)||January, 2001 to May 2002|
|Prof. Funso Akere ||4 May 2002 to 30 April 2006|
|Prof. N. Oluwafemi Mimiko (Acting) ||May 2006 to October 2006|
|Prof. Dr. Med. Philip Abiodun ||1 October 2006 to 18 June 2009|
|Prof. O. Awobuluyi (Acting) ||19 June 2009 to 3 January 2010|
|Prof. N. Oluwafemi Mimiko||4 January 2010 to 3 January 2015|
|Prof. Igbekele Amos Ajibefun ||6 January 2015 to 5 January 2020|
|Prof. Olugbenga E. Ige (Acting) ||6 January 2020 till date|
|Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN||Visitor|
|Dr. Tunji Abayomi||Pro-Chancellor/Chairman, Governing Council|
|Prof. Olugbenga E. Ige||Acting Vice Chancellor|
|-||Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration)|
|Prof. Francis A. Gbore||Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)|
|Mr. Opeoluwa Akinfemiwa||Acting Registrar|
|Ologun Olubunmi Veronica, FCA||Bursar|
|Dr. Rotimi Egunjobi||University Librarian|
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State, Nigeria, emerges the Best State University in Nigeria according to the latest Webometric Ranking of World Universities released on the 31st of July, 2019.
- The first webometric ranking for 2020 has been released. Adekunle Ajasin University holds tenaciously to the position of the BEST STATE UNIVERSITY while ranking no. 10 overall in Nigeria. AAUA's Continental Ranking has also soared to 51.
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Art
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Design and Management
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- "Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba | www.aaua.edu.ng". www.myschoolgist.com.ng. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Adekunle Ajasin University – …21st Century University, properly called!". Retrieved 28 May 2020.
- "AAUA HISTORY". 27 July 2010. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Admission Requirements | Adekunle Ajasin University". Adekunle Ajasin University. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Details - The Nation Archive". www.thenationonlineng.net. Archived from the original on 6 April 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Results - The Nation Archive". www.thenationonlineng.net. Archived from the original on 6 April 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- aaua.edu.ng/b/vice-chancellor (Acting)/vcs-welcome-message.
- Adekunle Ajasin University – official site.