Location within Córdoba
|• Mayor||Manuela Bollero Calvillo|
|• Total||334 km2 (129 sq mi)|
|Elevation||240 m (790 ft)|
|• Density||13/km2 (32/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Climate and vegetationEdit
Adamuz has a typically Mediterranean climate with high sunshine and low rainfall, which is almost non-existent during the summer.
The vegetation is characteristic of Mediterranean forests.
- The Communal forest is an estate of 2,500 hectares, owned by the city and flanked by two rivers, which retain their winter waters through small dams. It is crossed from north to south along the road between the Valley Adamuz of Pedroches.
- Clokc Tower, built in 1566 by Luis Méndez de Haro, Marques del Carpio. It has a height of 15 meters.
- Chapel of St. Pius V
- Parish Church of St. Andrew the Apostle (13th century). It has a nave and two aisles without a transept. It houses a polychrome altar in gold leaf. The high square bell tower has internal spiral stairs. The church was renovated in the 16th century by Hernán Ruiz the Elder.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.
- Adamuz - Sistema de Información Multiterritorial de Andalucía
|This article about a location in Andalusia, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|