Abu Hena Mustafa
Abu Hena Mustafa (11 March 1936 – 23 September 1989) was a Bangladeshi songwriter, poet, essayist, critic and presenter. In his early life, he was a singer on East Bengal radio and television. He was a professor of Bengali literature at the University of Rajshahi and worked for the government as the Director General of the Bangla Academy from 1986 until his death. He was awarded Ekushey Padak by the Government of Bangladesh in 1987. He published only three collections of poetry before he died of a heart attack in 1989.
Abu Hena Mustafa
আবু হেনা মোস্তফা কামাল
|Director General of Bangla Academy|
11 March 1986 – 23 September 1989
|Preceded by||Quazi Manjoor-E-Mawla|
|Succeeded by||Mahmud Shah Qureshi|
|Director General of Shilpakala Academy|
|Born||11 March 1936|
Pabna District, Bengal Presidency, British India
|Died||23 September 1989 (aged 53)|
Early life and educationEdit
Kamal was born in Gobinda village in Ullahpara Upazila, Pabna District. In 1959, he passed his MA in Bengali from the University of Dhaka. He received a Commonwealth Scholarship for his PhD on the Bengali Press and Literary Writings, 1818–1831, from the University of London in 1969.
- "Former Director General and Directors – Banglaacademy". Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- Rahman, Shamsur (2012-09-24). স্মৃতির পাতায় প্রিয় শিক্ষক [The memory of favorite teacher]. Prothom Alo (in Bengali). Retrieved 2015-01-19. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Amin, Khairul (2012-09-25). "A Poet Extraordinaire: Abu Hena Mustafa Kamal's 23rd death anniversary". Priyo News. Dhaka. Archived from the original on 2014-12-23. Retrieved 2014-12-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Islam, Sirajul; Miah, Sajahan; Khanam, Mahfuza; Ahmed, Sabbir, eds. (2012). "Kamal, Abu Hena Mostafa". Banglapedia: the National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Online ed.). Dhaka, Bangladesh: Banglapedia Trust, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. ISBN 984-32-0576-6. OCLC 52727562. Retrieved 16 May 2021.
- Bangladesher Kabita : Antarango Abolokon, Khondakar Ashraf Hossain, Bangla Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh. First Edition, February, 1994. ISBN 984-07-2960-8
- Bangladesher Kabita Sanket O Dhara, (A Collection of Essays on Appreciation of Poetry) by Shahid Iqbal, First Edition: August 2008, Chinno, 130 shahidullah Kala Bhaban, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- "Biography of Abu Hena Mostafa Kamal". poemhunter.com. Retrieved 2014-12-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)