Aagey Se Right
Aagey Se Right (lit. Straight, then right) is a 2009 Indian action comedy film directed by débutante Indrajit Nattoji, starring Shreyas Talpade, Mahi Gill, Shenaz Treasurywala, and Kay Kay Menon in the lead roles and was produced by Ronnie Screwvala, under the UTV Motion Pictures. The film released on 4 September 2009 and although it failed to do well at the box office, it was praised for its lavish title, looks and design. The film is available on Googleplay.
|Aagey Se Right|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Indrajit Nattoji|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala|
Kay Kay Menon
|Music by||Ram Sampath|
|Edited by||Rachel Reuben|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|Budget||₹17.7 million (US$250,000)|
|Box office||₹25.3 million (US$350,000)|
Dinkar Waghmare (Shreyas Talpade) hails from a small town. He is a 28-year-old sub-inspector with the Mumbai Police who spends his time dreaming of beautiful TV reporter Soniya Bhatt (Mahi Gill). He has never solved a case and has always stayed away from serious action. His late father was a successful police officer. He is constantly reminded of his failure by his nagging mother and feels pressure to live up to his father's larger-than-life image. One day Dinkar loses his Bajrangbali-stickered gun and is under extreme pressure to find it.
Meanwhile, terrorist Balma Rashid-ul-Khairi (Kay Kay Menon), alias Janu, has arrived in Mumbai planning to bomb several locations in the city. However, he falls in love with Mumbai life and a bargirl named Pearl (Shenaz Treasurywala). But when Janu abandons his life of violence to romance Pearl, his chief comes to Mumbai to complete his mission and kill both Janu and Pearl. As he pursues his gun around Mumbai, Dinkar accidentally becomes a hero when he saves the mayor's life and then prevents the daughter of the police commissioner from committing suicide.
He meets Soniya who falls in love with the city's new hero. He is promoted to inspector and is assigned to head security at the Mumbai Police Show. The terrorist chief plants a bomb under the stage as planned, but Janu comes to defuse it as it is about to explode when Pearl starts her number. With the help of Dinkar, Janu defuses the bomb. The terrorist's plot is foiled and Dinkar is able to retrieve his gun and avoid humiliation.
- Shreyas Talpade as Dinkar Waghmare
- Mahi Gill as Soniya Bhatt
- Kay Kay Menon as Janu a.k.a. Balma-Rashidul Khairi
- Shenaz Treasurywala as Pearl
- Shiv Panditt as Sunny
- Shruti Seth as Suhasi
- Vijay Maurya as Raghav Shetty
- Rakesh Bedi as Police Commissioner
- Rajesh Khera as T.V. Vinod
- Shaukat Baig as Parsi Baba
- Nawab Shah as Mojassama
- Bharti Achrekar as Kaanta Aai
- Sarthak Bhasin as Lucky Singh
- Karan Mehra as Rocky
- Vipul Vig as Vikki
- Sanjay Sharma as Bheem
- Rajesh Singh as Goli
- Anil Bapu Gawas as Mayor
- Arvind Parab as Johnny Quarter
The film did average business at the box office largely due to lack of publicity and no promotions for the music. The timing of the theatrical release was at the time of Muharram a time of religious austerity for the audience where no . The film also failed to garner immediate critical acclaim though reports from the audience was positive with unofficial blogs being written on the movie as the most underrated gem of the year and fair amount of positive viewer comments.
Aagey Se Right was nominated for the annual SXSW "Excellence in Title Design" Awards 2010, competing with international films like Bored To Death, Cigarette Girls, Community, Where The Wild Things Are, Up in the Air and others. Aagey Se Right was the only Indian finalist at the awards. The title design has been designed and animated by Upasana Nattoji.
- "Aagey Se Right Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Aagey Se Right opening title sequence". Art of the Title. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Aagey_Se_Right?id=P4K8DxNwPAU Aagey se right on Googleplay]
- "Aagey Se Right". Planet Bollywood.
- "Movies we wish you'd seen in 2009". Sify.
- "Another Dull Week For New Releases". Boxofficeindia.
- "All India 2009 (Figures in INR Crore)". Boxofficeindia. Archived from the original on 21 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "It's raining flops at the box office". Rediff.com. 7 September 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Shreyas Talpade does 'Gun-Visarjan'". Bollywood Hungama. 26 August 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Aagey Se Right: User movie reviews". Bollywood Hungama. 4 September 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "SXSW Title Sequence Design Competition Finalists Announced". SXSW. 20 February 2010. Archived from the original on 1 March 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Indrajit Nattoji's AAGEY SE RIGHT goes Hollywood". Glamsham. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2012.