Nawab Shah (actor)
Nawab Shah is an Indian film actor, who works in Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada-language films and television series. Before entering into films, he played character roles in television serials.
|Born||12 October 1972|
|Don 2, Dilwale, Tiger Zinda Hai|
His next film Be-Lagaam failed at the box office. Ujjal Chattopadhyay's Escape from Taliban was the first film which had given Shah a chance to "prove his talent". The story was more focused on Manisha Koirala, but Shah's performance was praised. It was a box office failure.
Parwana, Woh, and Dukaan met with the same fate. Shah's wait for recognition was prolonged. His performances in Farhan Akhtar's Lakshya and Saurabh Shukla's Chehraa fetched some praise, but he was not getting pivotal roles.
In 2011, Nawab Shah was signed to play a villain in Salman Khan's Bodyguard. He, however, had an accident and was unable to continue with the film. Later that year, he played another negative role as Jabbar, in Don 2, which starred Shah Rukh Khan in the lead. His performance was praised, and the film became a high commercial success. Shah later appeared in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag as a Pakistani athletics coach. He recently played a role in Dilwale, as Raghav, one of Dev Malik's henchmen.
- Sarfarosh (1999)
- Kartoos (1999)
- Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin (1999)
- Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya (2000)
- Ittefaq (2001)
- Escape From Taliban (2003)
- Musafir (2004)
- Lakshya (2004)
- Jaan-E-Mann (2006)
- Luck (2009)
- Don 2 (2011) as Abdul Jabbar
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013)
- Humshakals (2014)
- Dilwale (2015)
- Tiger Zinda Hai (2017) as Pawan
- Panipat (2019) as Ibrahim Khan Gardi
- Dabangg 3 (2019) as Gullu
- Khuda Haafiz (2020)
- Keerthi Chakra (2006) as Main Antagonist
- Inspector Garud (2007) as Guptaji (Antagonist)
- Kaakki (2007) as Parthipan (Main Antagonist)
- Roudram (2008) as Michael Korda
- Black Dalia (2009) as Robert
- Kandahar as Army Cadet's Instructor
- Rajadhi Raja (2014) as Gangster Sathya
- Kotigobba 3 (2020)
- jyeshta (2004)
- Shaktimaan (1997-2005) as Mayor JJ (Jai Kumar Janardhan)/Kakodar
- Indian (2000-2001) as Indian
- Ssshhhh...Koi Hai (2002-2003) as Dhrokaal
- Saarrthi (2004-2008) as Mansen Goenka
- Amma (2016) as Haider
- Naagarjuna – Ek Yoddha (2016-2017) as S. P. Baldev Singh
- Sacred Games (2018) as Salim Kaka
- "Nawab Shah plays villain in Don 2". Hindustan Times. 20 December 2011. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Nawab Shah escapes freak accident". The Times of India. 28 February 2011. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Nawab Shah or SRK: Who is the villain in 'Don 2'?". CNN-IBN. Archived from the original on 7 January 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Top Worldwide Grossers ALL TIME: 37 Films Hit 100 Crore". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Thakkar, Mehul S (21 January 2012). "Nawab Shah to play Farhan Akhtar's coach in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag - Latest Hindi Movie Review by Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Pooja Batra finds her soulmate in Tiger Zinda Hai actor Nawab Shah. See their pics here". Hindustan Times. 19 June 2019. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- "Actors Pooja Batra and Nawab Shah find soulmates in each other! See photos". DNA India. 19 June 2019. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- "Pooja Batra confirms marrying Nawab Shah: 'He is the man I want to spend rest of my life with'. See pics". Hindustan Times. 15 July 2019. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Pooja Batra on marriage with Nawab Shah: He was ready to propose to me right after we met". India Today. 15 July 2019. Retrieved 15 July 2019.