A Prussian Love Story
A Prussian Love Story (German: Preußische Liebesgeschichte) is a 1938 German historical romance film directed by Paul Martin and starring Karl Günther, Hans Nielsen, and Willy Fritsch. The film depicts the love affair between William I and Elisa Radziwill. In the Third Reich the film was banned right after completion because the love affair of Joseph Goebbels and the actress Lída Baarová had become public—it was first shown in 1950.
|A Prussian Love Story|
|Directed by||Paul Martin|
- Lída Baarová as Princess Elisa Radziwill
- Willy Fritsch:Prince Wilhelm of Russia
- Harry Liedtke as Prince Anton Radziwill
- Karl Günther as King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia
- Hans Nielsen as Prince Friedrich Wilhelm
- Dieter Borsche as Prince Karl
- Vera von Langen as Great Princess Charlotte of Prussia
- Sabine Peters as Princess Alexandrine
- Hermine Körner as Radziwill, Princess Luise of Russia
- Dagny Servaes as Great Duchess Maria Paulowna
- Marina von Ditmar as Princess Maria
- Viktoria von Ballasko as Princess Augusta
- Waldemar Leitgeb as Great Prince Nicolas of Russia
- Will Dohm as Prince Wittgenstein
- Ernst Dernburg as High Minister von Schilden
- Heinrich Schroth as Geheimrat von Raumer
- Paul Wagner as Major von Gerlach
- Eduard von Winterstein as General von Gneisenau
- Werner Schott as General Adjutant von Witzleben
- Ernst Sattler as Dr. Hufeland
- Albert Lippert as The Prince of Sweden
- Klaus Detlef Sierck as Young Chopin
- Werner Stock as Stallbursche Strucks
- Suse Graf as Lulu von Kleist
- Gisela Faßbinder as Gänseliesl
- Michael von Newlinski as 1. Zuhörer Chopins
- Toni Tetzlaff as 2. Zuhörer Chopins
- Curt Breitkopf as The Tsar of Russia
- Werner Pledath as Priester bei der Trauungszeremonie
- Bergfelder, Tim; Street, Sarah, eds. (2004). The Titanic in Myth and Memory: Representations in Visual and Literary Culture. London: I. B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1-85043-432-0.
- Giloi, Eva (2011). Monarchy, Myth, and Material Culture in Germany 1750–1950. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-76198-7.
- Hull, David Stewart (1969). Film in the Third Reich: A Study of the German Cinema, 1933–1945. Berkeley: University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-01489-3.
- Kreimeier, Klaus (1999). The Ufa Story: A History of Germany's Greatest Film Company, 1918–1945. Berkeley: University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-22069-0.