ANS TV (also known as ANS Independent Broadcasting Media Company) was a news television channel in Azerbaijan, which was owned by ANS Group of Companies from its foundation on 26 November 1991 until its closure on 18 July 2016. Its name, ANS, stands for Azerbaijani News Service.
|Slogan||Döyüş alnınıza yazılıb |
Dəqiq, qərəzsiz, vicdanlı
|Owner||ANS Group of Companies|
|26 November 1991|
|Dissolved||18 July 2016|
In the early years of ANS' establishment, there were many local wars on the territory of the former Soviet Union. ANS TV got popularized by reporting news from the frontlines - Chechnya, Georgia, Ossetia, Karabakh, Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Ingushetia and frequently selling footage to BBC, CNN, NBC, ZDF, ARD, VOX, RAI, TF, Rossiya 1, CBS, TBS.
ANS TV was taken off the air in July 2016 when its broadcasting license was revoked after it had announced it was to broadcast an interview with Fethullah Gulen; Azerbaijan's National Television and Radio Council stated that the channel's license would be withdrawn permanently, accusing the station of "contradicted the strategic partnership between the Azeri and Turkish people by offering support to Fethullah Gulen and his supporters". ANS Vice-President Mirshahin Agayev, one of the station’s co-founders, later issued what was described as a "boot-licking" apology to President Aliyev for the Gülen interview, and later wrote a symbolic public letter to the late President Heydar Aliyev, reminding the deceased leader of his earlier willingness to protect the channel, but the station remained shut down.
- "Azerbaijan Development Bulletin,". UNDP. Archived from the original on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2008-07-22. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "ANS Group of Companies". Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2008-04-26. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Azerbaijani TV Station Closed Over 'Interview' With U.S.-Based Turkish Cleric Accused By Ankara In Coup https://www.rferl.org/a/azerbaijani-tv-station-shut-down-gulen-interview-turkey/27867890.html
- Azerbaijan’s ANS: Death Of A TV Station
- "BIZIMKILER AN ALTERNATIVE SOUND OF MUSIC". Visions of Azerbaijan. July 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Azerbaijan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to communication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|