Open main menu

ADAMA Agricultural Solutions (Hebrew: אדמה פתרונות לחקלאות‎), stylized ADAMA, is a manufacturer and retailer of crop protection products with its headquarters in Airport City, Israel. It is owned by Sanonda, a subsidiary of ChemChina, which gained 100% control in 2017. It is traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.[1] Adama primarily produces crop and protection products.

ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd.
Subsidiary
IndustryAgribusiness
Founded1945; 74 years ago (1945)
HeadquartersTel Aviv Israel
Key people
Chen Lichtenstein (CEO)
Yang Xingqiang (Chairman)
ProductsFungicides, herbicides, insecticides, nematicides, seed treatment, crop protection, aromatic products, nutritional supplements
RevenueUS$3.523 billion (2013)
US$1.237 Billion (2013)
US$280 million (2013)
OwnerChemChina (100%)
Number of employees
6,600 (2018)
ParentChemChina
Websiteadama.com
Adama's headquarters in Airport City, Israel

HistoryEdit

Agan was founded in 1949 as a cooperative, while Makhteshim was created in 1952. In 1973 Agan and Makhteshim partnered to distribute their products and 24 years later merged to form Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd.[citation needed] In October 2011 ChemChina acquired a 60% stake in Makhteshim Agan,[2] delisting from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. In June 2017 the China Securities Regulatory Commission approved the acquisition of the remaining 40% of shares by ChemChina, making it the sole owner of the company through its Hubei Sandona Co. Ltd. subsidiary.[3] Since August 2017 ADAMA has traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange and in January 2018 was included in the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect.[4]

 
Facilities at Neot Hovav

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ Editorial, Reuters. "Adama says Chinese regulator approves merger with Sanonda". U.S. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
  2. ^ "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
  3. ^ Editorial, Reuters. "Adama says Chinese regulator approves merger with Sanonda". U.S. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
  4. ^ "Adama trades shares on Shenzhen-Hong Kong linked exchange". Agrow. Retrieved 2018-11-26.

External linksEdit