||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Cision Inc.. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2017.|
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Cision AB was a Swedish software company. Cision has offices in Europe, North America and Asia. As of 2011, it had revenues of SEK 1 billion. In October 14, 2014, Cision and Vocus announced a friendly merger of the two public relations companies. Cision relocated its headquarters to Chicago and so will Vocus from Maryland. The company is based in Chicago and the combined entity is known as Cision Inc.. 
|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: CSN|
|Fate||Merged with Vocus to form Cision Inc.|
|Kevin Akeroyd, (President & CEO)
Peter Granat, (Chairman of the board)
|Revenue||SEK 975.9 Million 2012|
Number of employees
Cision, formerly Bowdens Information, was founded in 1932. When Bowdens was acquired by Observer in 2001, it was renamed to Cision. In October 14, 2014, Cision and Vocus announced a friendly merger of the two public relations companies. Cision based in Sweden will relocate its headquarters to Chicago and so will Vocus from Maryland. The company will be based out of Chicago and the combined entity will be known as Cision Inc. 
Products and servicesEdit
CisionPoint is a web-based software as a service product to build media lists, distribute press releases, manage PR campaigns, monitor news coverage and analyze results. CisionPoint is built on the Bowdens Media Database. CisionPoint offers Bowdens Media Database and CisionPoint’s monitoring and productivity tools. There are three editions of CisionPoint – CisionPoint Enterprise, CisionPoint Professional, and CisionPoint Small Business.
- "7 questions for new Cision CEO Kevin Akeroyd | PR Week". www.prweek.com. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Year End Report 2008". Cision Wire. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Cision North America CEO Joe Bernardo Steps Down", MrWeb, February 23, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Cision and Vocus Unite, Ushering in the Future of PR and Social Software | Cision". cision.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "» Cision to Retire Vocus Name". www.capitolcommunicator.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Cision Launches Multiple Editions of CisionPoint On-Demand Web 2.0 Platform
- "Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research". aspnews.com.