60th Berlin International Film Festival
The 60th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 11–21 February 2010, with Werner Herzog as President of the Jury. The opening film of the festival was Chinese director Wang Quan'an's romantic drama Apart Together, in competition, while the closing film is Japanese director Yoji Yamada's About Her Brother, which was screened out of competition. The Golden Bear went to Turkish film Bal directed by Semih Kaplanoğlu. A new record attendance was established with 282,000 sold tickets, according to the organizers. A restored version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis was also shown at the festival.
The Berlinale Palast
|Opening film||Apart Together|
|Closing film||About Her Brother|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Bal)|
|Hosted by||Anke Engelke|
|No. of films||310 films|
|Festival date||11–21 February 2010|
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
Out of competitionEdit
The following films made their international debut by screening out of competition at the festival:
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section The opening and closing films are screened during the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Jury Grand Prix: Eu cand vreau sa fluier, fluier by Florin Șerban
- Best Director: Roman Polanski for The Ghost Writer
- Best Actress: Shinobu Terajima for Caterpillar
- Best Actor: Grigoriy Dobrygin and Sergei Puskepalis for How I Ended This Summer (Kak ya provel etim letom)
- Best Script: Jin Na and Wang Quan'an for Apart Together (Tuan Yuan)
- Outstanding Artistic Contribution (Camera): Pavel Kostomarov for Kak ya provel etim letom
- Alfred Bauer Prize: Eu cand vreau sa fluier, fluier by Florin Șerban
Crystal Bear in the Generation Kplus (Feature Length Film)
- Echoes of the Rainbow (Shui Yuet Sun Tau)
Crystal Bear in the Generation14plus (Feature Length Film)
The Berlinale Camera
- Yoji Yamada
- Ulrich Gregor and Erika Gregor
- Fine Art Foundry Noack
- "Werner Herzog to be President of the Jury of the 60th Berlinale". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 25 November 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "Werner Herzog to head Berlin film festival jury". thelocal.de. Archived from the original on 20 November 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "Werner Herzog is to head the Berlin Film Festival jury". bbc news. 20 November 2009. Archived from the original on 23 November 2009. Retrieved 22 December 2009.
- "With Chinese Opener, Berlin Comes "Together" for 60th Fest". Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Berlin Fest Reveals Full Competition Slate for 60th Anniversary". Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Hickley, Catherine (7 February 2010). "Polanski's Ghost, Scorsese's Island to Debut at Berlin Festival". Bloomberg.com. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
A restored version of Fritz Lang’s original 1927 “Metropolis,” including negatives that were believed lost until they came to light in Buenos Aires in 2008, will be screened at the Brandenburg Gate on Feb. 12.
- "JURIES 2010". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 2010". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 2010". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.