27th Berlin International Film Festival
The 27th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 24 June – 5 July 1977. The festival opened with Nickelodeon by Peter Bogdanovich. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Soviet Union film The Ascent directed by Larisa Shepitko. The retrospective dedicated to Marlene Dietrich was shown at the festival. It was divided into two parts, Part 1 was shown this year.
|Awards||Golden Bear (The Ascent)|
|Festival date||24 June – 5 July 1977|
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
Films in competitionEdit
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section The opening and closing films are screened during the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: The Ascent by Larisa Shepitko
- Silver Bear - Special Jury Prize: Le diable probablement by Robert Bresson
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Manuel Gutiérrez Aragón for Camada negra
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Lily Tomlin for The Late Show
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Fernando Fernán Gómez for El anacoreta
- Silver Bear:
- FIPRESCI Award
- "27th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 26 August 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2010.
- Wolfgang Jacobsen: 50 Jahre Berlinale - Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin, page 174 – Nicolai, Berlin 2000. ISBN 3-87584-905-1
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1977". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1977". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Year of the Devil". zeit.de. Retrieved 8 June 2014.