2020 Scottish Rally Championship
|2020 Scottish Rally Championship|
The Scottish Rally Championship is a rallying series run throughout Scotland over the course of a year, that comprises both gravel and tarmac surface rallies. The 2020 series began on the forest tracks around Inverness on 7 March, with the season finale due to take place around Dalbeattie on 19 September.
On 24 March 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic Organisers of the KNC Groundworks Scottish Rally Championship took the decision to cancel the 2020 championship. The coronavirus pandemic continued to spread leading to a number of events being cancelled. With round 1, the Snowman Rally, being the only event to take place thus far it was decided that the results of that event would stand but the championship points would be null and void.
For season 2020 there were. scheduled to be seven events held predominantly on gravel surfaces. In January 2020 the organising team of the Argyll Rally scheduled to take place in June, announced that the 2020 event would not take place. The change from a forest rally to a closed road event meant that the event organisers were unable to secure the relevant authorisations within the timeframe available. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the organisers of the Speyside Stages Rally, the Jim Clark rally, the Scottish Rally, the Grampian Stages Rally and the Galloway Hills rally announced that the events would be cancelled.
|1||7 March||Snowman Rally||Inverness||Gravel|
|Cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic|
|Original Date||Event||Rally HQ||Surface|
|18 April||Speyside Stages Rally||Elgin||Gravel|
|31 May||Jim Clark Reivers Rally||Duns||Tarmac|
|6 June||RSAC Scottish Rally||Moffat||Gravel|
|20 June||Argyll Rally||Dunoon||Tarmac|
|8 August||Grampian Stages Rally||Banchory||Gravel|
|19 September||Galloway Hills Rally||Dalbeattie||Gravel|
2020 events podiumEdit
|Round||Rally name||Podium finishers|
|Placing||Driver / Co-Driver||Car||Time /|
|1||Michael Binnie / Claire Mole||Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX||45:33|
|2||Jock Armstrong / Cameron Fair||Subaru Impreza||+0:20|
|3||Freddie Milne / Patrick Walsh||Ford Fiesta R5||+0:23|
- "SRC homepage". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- "Scottish Rally Championship cancelled amid COVID-19 pandemic". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 24 March 2020.
- "SRC returns to mixed-surface format with exciting new calendar". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- "SRC heads to Carlisle due to unfortunate Argyll cancellation". SRC. SRC. Retrieved 21 January 2020.
- "Statement regarding the 2020 McDonald & Munro Speyside Stages". Speyside Stages. Speyside Stages. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus: Jim Clark Rally 2020 cancelled". ITV.com. ITV.com. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "Scottish Rally cancelled". scottishrally.co.uk. scottishrally.co.uk. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- "2020 Armstrong Galloway Hills Rally: Statement". gallowayhillsrally.co.uk. gallowayhillsrally.co.uk. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Rally Results from Scotland & Beyond..." FlyingFinish.co.uk. Flying Finish. Retrieved 27 October 2019.