2013 Coppa Italia Final
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 2013 Coppa Italia Final was the final match of the 2012–13 Coppa Italia, the 66th season of the top cup competition in Italian football. The match was played at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome between Lazio and Roma on Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 18:00h CET, with "Gangnam Style" singer PSY making a pregame performance, in which he was mercilessly booed. Lazio has played 7 Coppa Italia finals and Roma has played 16 finals, but they have never met each other. Since the final always is played at Stadio Olimpico independent of which teams are going to play, it was the first Derby della Capitale in a Coppa Italia final, when both Rome teams played at their home stadium in their home city, and the third local derby after the Turin derby in 1938 and the Milan derby in 1977. Roma was officially the home team for this match.
|Event||2012–13 Coppa Italia|
|Date||26 May 2013|
|Venue||Stadio Olimpico, Rome|
16 °C (61 °F)
Lazio won the match 1–0 with a goal by Senad Lulić in the 71st minute, a low right footed shot from a low cross from the right by Antonio Candreva after the goalkeeper Bogdan Lobonț failed to cut out the crossed ball.
Road to the finalEdit
|Opponent||Result||2012–13 Coppa Italia||Opponent||Result|
|Atalanta||3–0||Round of 16||Siena||1–1 (4–1) after penalties|
|Internazionale||2–1 (H), 3–2 (A) (5–3 agg.)||Semifinals||Juventus||1–1 (A), 2–1 (H) (3–2 agg.)|
- "History for Rome Fiumicino". Weather Underground. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Game date and kick off time". Archived from the original on 2 July 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Psy's Gangnam Style 'booed' by Italian crowd". Metro. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "La Prima Derby Della Capitale in Finale della Coppa Italia".
- "Roma home team for Coppa final".
- "Roma 0-1 Lazio: Biancocelesti edge dour derby to claim Coppa Italia". Goal.com. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Lazio beat rivals Roma in Coppa Italia final". BBC Sport. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Lazio wins Rome bragging rights". ESPN. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.