2009 Malaysia Premier League
The 2009 Liga Premier (English: 2009 Premier League) also known as the TM Liga Premier for sponsorship reasons is the sixth season of the Liga Premier, the second-tier professional football league in Malaysia.
|Relegated||SDMS Kepala Batas|
The season was held from 9 January and concluded in 2 August 2009.
The following teams will participate in the competition:
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Qualification or relegation|
|2||T-Team||24||17||6||1||58||11||+47||57||Promoted to Malaysia Super League|
|5||Proton||24||12||4||8||40||25||+15||40||Withdraw from league|
|13||SDMS Kepala Batas||24||1||4||19||9||71||−62||7||Relegated to Malaysia FAM League|
Rules for classification: 1) Points; 2) Goal difference; 3) Number of goals scored.
- Harimau Muda is a national developmental football team restricted to playing in the Premier League, therefore they were not promoted.
- Kuala Lumpur was later promoted to Super League to keep the team number balanced after Kuala Muda Naza and UPB-MyTeam withdrawal from Super League for 2010 season.
- All games involving MBJB were declared null and void after the FAM competitions committee on Tuesday 24 March turned down MBJB’s appeal against the decision to expel them from the league for failure to settle insurance premium payments for their players and officials.
- http://www.rsssf.com/tablesm/malay09.html 2009 Liga Premier
- Eric Samuel (26 March 2009). "Johor side lose appeal against Premier League expulsion". thestar.com.my. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "FAM kick out Johor MBJB from M-League". thestar.com.my. 17 March 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2018.