2004 Italian Open (tennis)
The 2004 Italian Open (also as 2004 Rome Masters or sponsored title 2004 Telecom Italia Masters) was a tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It was the 61st edition of the Italian Open and was part of the Masters Series of the 2004 ATP Tour and of Tier I of the 2004 WTA Tour. Both the men's and women's events took place at the Foro Italico in Rome in Italy. The men's tournament was played from May 3 through May 9, 2004 while the women's tournament was played from May 10 through May 16, 2004.
|2004 Italian Open|
|Date||May 3 – May 9 (men) |
May 10 – May 16 (women)
|Surface||Clay / Outdoor|
|Mahesh Bhupathi / Max Mirnyi|
|Nadia Petrova / Meghann Shaughnessy|
- It was Moyá's 3rd title of the year and the 17th of his career. It was his 1st Masters title of the year and his 3rd overall.
- It was Mauresmo's 2nd title of the year and the 13th of her career. It was her 2nd Tier I title of the year and her 4th overall.
- It was Bhupathi's 3rd title of the year and the 34th of his career. It was Mirnyi's only title of the year and the 21st of his career.
- It was Petrova's 4th title of the year and the 8th of her career. It was Shaughnessy's 4th title of the year and the 11th of her career.
- "Wimbledon 2004: Interview: Andy Roddick". The Guardian. 20 June 2004. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Roddick puts friendship aside to douse Schalken fire". The Telegraph. 1 July 2004. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Tennis star Roddick saves lives in Rome fire". The Telegraph. 2 May 2004. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Written at Rome. "Tennis, il fascino dell'armata rosa". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Milan: RCS MediaGroup. 12 May 2004. Retrieved 20 April 2018.