2003 Italian Open (tennis)
The 2003 Italian Open (also known as 2003 Rome Masters or its sponsored title 2003 Telecom Italia Masters) was a tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It was the 60th edition of the Italian Open and was part of the Tennis Masters Series of the 2003 ATP Tour and of Tier I of the 2003 WTA Tour. Both the men's and women's events took place at the Foro Italico in Rome in Italy. The men's tournament was played from May 5 through May 11, 2003 while the women's tournament was played from May 12 through May 18, 2003.
|2003 Italian Open|
|Date||May 5 – May 11 (men) |
May 12 – May 18 (women)
|Surface||Clay / Outdoor|
|Wayne Arthurs / Paul Hanley|
|Svetlana Kuznetsova / Martina Navratilova|
- It was Mantilla's only title of the year and the 10th of his career. It was also his first and last Masters title.
- It was Clijsters' 5th title of the year and the 20th of her career. It was her 2nd Tier I title of the year and her 2nd overall.
- It was Arthurs' 2nd title of the year and the 8th of his career. It was Hanley's 3rd title of the year and the 4th of his career.
- It was Kuznetsova's 3rd title of the year and the 8th of her career. It was Navrátilová's 4th title of the year and the 345th of her career.
- "Mantilla picks errors to pieces". The Telegraph. 12 May 2003. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "Serena, Clijsters coast into Rome semis". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 17 May 2003. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Written at Rome. "Mantilla vince la finale a Roma contro Federer". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Milan: RCS MediaGroup. 11 May 2003. Retrieved 20 April 2018.