2002 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000
|2002 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000|
The 2002 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 was a motor race for V8 Supercars, held on 13 October 2002 at the Mount Panorama Circuit just outside Bathurst in New South Wales, Australia. It was the tenth round of the 2002 V8 Supercar Championship Series.
The race was the sixth running of the Australia 1000 race, first held after the organisational split over the Bathurst 1000 that occurred in 1997. It was the 46th race for which a lineage can be traced back to the 1960 Armstrong 500 held at Phillip Island (including the 1960 race itself).
The race was won by Mark Skaife and Jim Richards driving a Holden Racing Team prepared Holden VX Commodore. The pair were re-united in sharing a car at Bathurst for the first time in seven years having previously won the race together in 1991 and 1992. It was Skaife's fourth win and the seventh and final win for Richards, placing him second on the list of Bathurst 1000 winners. It was also the fourth win for the Holden Racing Team, successfully defending their 2001 victory.
This race is notable for featuring the longest stop-go penalties in the history of the V8 Supercars. A five-minute penalty was awarded to Greg Murphy due to a pit-lane infringement and a similar penalty was imposed on the Team Brock car (No. 05) for a similar offence.
Top Fifteen ShootoutEdit
Runoff results as follows:
The following table represents the final starting grid for the race on Sunday:
Race results as follows:
* Owen Kelly practiced the #5 Falcon but was replaced by David Besnard due to illness after Besnard own car was withdrawn after it was crashed heavily by Wayne Gardner
** Ross Halliday practiced the #87 Falcon but was replaced by Peter Doulman after Doulman's own car (#24) failed to qualify.
*** Steven Johnson, Matthew Coleman and Peter Doulman (whose names are shown within brackets in the table above) did not drive during the race.
- Provisional Pole Position – #21 John Bowe – 2:08.3873
- Pole Position – #1 Mark Skaife – 2:08.8278
- Fastest Lap – #21 Brad Jones – 2:09.5705
- Winners' Average Speed – 143.35 km/h
- Steve Normoyle, The Great Race - 2002, Chevron Publishing Group, page 226
- "Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 Mount Panorama – Bathurst V8 Supercars – Top 15 Shootout". National Software. 12 October 2002. Archived from the original on 10 September 2006. Retrieved 13 June 2008.
- "Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 Mount Panorama – Bathurst V8 Supercars 1000". National Software. 13 October 2002. Archived from the original on 10 September 2006. Retrieved 13 June 2008.
- The Great Race – 2002, Chevron Publishing Group, page 246
- Steve Normoyle, The Great Race - 2002, Chevron Publishing Group, page 238
- The Great Race – 2002, Chevron Publishing Group, page 231
2002 VIP Petfoods Queensland 500
|2002 Supercars Championship||Next race:|
2002 FAI V8 Supercar Challenge
2001 V8 Supercar 1000
|Bathurst 1000||Next year:|
2003 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000