2001 Goodwill Games
The 2001 Goodwill Games was the fifth and final edition of the international multi-sport event. The competition was held in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia from 29 August to 9 September 2001. A total around 1300 athletes took part in 14 sporting competitions.
|Host city||Brisbane, Queensland|
|Opening ceremony||29 August 2001|
|Closing ceremony||9 September 2001|
The opening ceremony was held at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre at Boondall and featured The Corrs and Keith Urban. There was a live audience of 10,000 and the ceremony was broadcast live to an international audience of 450 million viewers.
- Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre – artistic gymnastics, basketball, boxing, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline, weightlifting
- ANZ Stadium – athletics
- South Bank Piazza – beach volleyball
- Chandler Velodrome – cycling
- Chandler Aquatic Centre – diving, swimming
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre – figure skating
- Kurrawa Beach, Gold Coast – surf lifesaving
- 2001 Goodwill Games - Quick Facts. Goodwill Games. Retrieved on 2010-06-23.
- "Goodwill Games Opening Ceremony". Out There Productions. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Heritage and Architecture - Goodwill Bridge
- Queensland attraction - Goodwill Bridge
- Goodwill Bridge
- Buildings - Goodwill Bridge
- "Medals by country". Goodwill Games website. AOL Time Warner. Archived from the original on 11 February 2002.
- "Sports". Goodwill Games website. AOL Time Warner. Archived from the original on 3 February 2002.