1992 Hungarian Grand Prix
The 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Hungaroring on 16 August 1992. It was the eleventh round of the 1992 Formula One season. Nigel Mansell clinched the Drivers' Championship by finishing the race in second position, behind McLaren's Ayrton Senna.
|1992 Hungarian Grand Prix|
|Race 11 of 16 in the 1992 Formula One World Championship|
|Date||16 August 1992|
|Official name||VIII Marlboro Hungarian Grand Prix|
|Location||Hungaroring, Budapest, Hungary|
|Course||Permanent race track|
|Course length||3.968 km (2.466 mi)|
|Distance||77 laps, 305.536 km (189.851 mi)|
|Time||1:18.308 on lap 63|
Andrea Moda, by this point in the 1992 season, had demonstrated that it was not making any serious attempt to run their second car, that of Perry McCarthy. After pre-qualifying at Hungary, where McCarthy put in no time at all (partly because he was held in the garage until there were only 45 seconds left in the session), Andrea Moda was warned to make a proper effort to pre-qualify both their cars at the next race, Belgium, or risk being suspended from their home race in Monza.
As the Brabham team withdrew from Formula 1 after this race, Hungary was the last occasion to date that pre-qualifying was required.
|2||14||Eric van de Poele||Fondmetal-Ford||1:23.398|
|4||34||Roberto Moreno||Andrea Moda-Judd||1:25.567|
|5||35||Perry McCarthy||Andrea Moda-Judd||No time|
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Bold text indicates who still has a theoretical chance of becoming World Champion.
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- Henry, Alan (1992-08-15). "Mansell content to reach winning target with something in reserve". The Guardian. p. 15. Retrieved 2018-02-01 – via Newspapers.com.
- "1992 Hungarian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 3 November 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Hungary 1992 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
1992 German Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1992 Belgian Grand Prix
1991 Hungarian Grand Prix
|Hungarian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1993 Hungarian Grand Prix