The 1977 Australian Open (December) was a tennis tournament played on outdoor grass courts in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It was the 66th edition of the tournament and was held from 19 to 31 December 1977. Due to a scheduling change two Australian Opens took place in 1977 with the first taking place in January. Vitas Gerulaitis and Evonne Goolagong Cawley won the singles titles.
|1977 Australian Open (December)|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Venue||Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club|
|Evonne Goolagong Cawley|
|Ray Ruffels / Allan Stone|
| Evonne Goolagong Cawley / Helen Gourlay Cawley |
Mona Schallau Guerrant / Kerry Melville Reid
- It was Gerulaitis's 1st (and only) career Grand Slam title.
- It was Goolagong Cawley's 6th career Grand Slam title.
- Competition not held between 1970 and 1986.
- "Vitas Bounces Back For Australian Title". Rome News-Tribune. 1 January 1978.
- "Evonne Captures Fourth". The Daytona Beach News-Journal. 2 January 1978.
- "Australian Open 1977 - Overview". ITFTennis.com. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Mona Guerrant
- "Honour Roll - Boys' Singles". AustralianOpen.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2010.
- "Honour Roll - Girls' Singles". AustralianOpen.com. Archived from the original on 26 March 2010.
- Australian Open junior championships, ITF (juniors)